Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Thanks fellows

It seems that I got a good shafting from DGR on that one. I am still in the market for one, but being wiser from a bought lesson I am being much more careful.
    I think now that it is safer to buy one from an individual on Gun Broker than what is supposed to be a professional restorer, anyone have any thoughts on that ?

2. Default

Personally, I'd try to buy local first where you can look at the thing in person. Or, if you are going to buy long distance get one that has CMP papers. Might be more expensive but worth it.

Hog611, did Dean ever give that $300 back?

I have never known anyone who charged a stocking fee when returning a gun. That is really a low blow in my opinion. I thought it was pretty much an unwritten rule that everyone gives everyone a 3 day inspection period. The buyer usually has to pay shipping both ways, but a 3 day inspection is still customary in about every dealing I have ever done.

Does his website say there is a restocking fee for returning a gun? $300 is a 20% restocking fee on $1500. Man that is a lot.
    Last edited by cplnorton; 10-04-2013 at 08:54.

years back there were tons of those SA51 barrels floating around gun shows in Texas-they were NOS--my Inland sports one

5. Default

Hi Hog611
    I've been following your stated difficulties with DGR. I notice that you have shared your perceived experience with them on a number of forums. My interest in your experience is based on the fact that I have just purchased a product of theirs that I will comment upon once I receive it. I only have one issue with your explanation of events concerning the purchase of you M-1 carbine from DGR. I think my concern is best summed up in this link I'll provide. I hope you read the link and I hope others on this forum read the link and comment on it with facts and not emotionalism. Thank you for your help. Here is the link http://www.bbb.org/knoxville/busines...993/complaints