Default 9mm & .40 bullets

I have been reloading pistol ammo for years. Always using jacketed or cast lead (sized and lubed) bullets. At a recent gun show I bought some 165gr/124gr .40 and 9mm "fully plated" bullets made by Young Enterprises in Florida. They appear to be "jacketed" but I know this is only a plating. I have a couple questions. (1) Can I load these as I would Jacketed bullets or should I load to velocities as I would use for cast bullets? (2) When loading for the Glock mod. 22 (.40), would this copper "plating" solve the leading problem that I was told is prevalent in the older Glock mod. 22 type rifleing? (3) Is there a FPS barrier that I should use with these bullets? Should I treat them as cast or treat them as jacketed?
    T.I.A

Treat and load them as you would for hard cast lead bullets. I load both types and use cast lead tables.

I didn't know Glock had changed the rifling in their barrels. Does Glock still void the warrantee if an owner uses reloads in their Glock with the new rifling?

Thanks, joem. I will use cast lead tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
    I didn't know Glock had changed the rifling in their barrels. Does Glock still void the warrantee if an owner uses reloads in their Glock with the new rifling?
    Somewhere I was told there is a difference between older and newer Glock rifiling. I may be mis-informed. I thought the reload/warrantee issue had more to do with the feed ramp support area of the chamber.(brass failure)
    Just a thought: If there was a warrantee issue, how would Glock know if you were firing reloads? (assuming the pistol is thoroughly cleaned)
    Last edited by Devil Dog; 09-29-2013 at 06:20.

Lead bullets, including plated or "copper washed" in any pistol with polygonal rifling, Glock or otherwise is supposed to be a real "no bueno" according to what I've read. The problem has to do with lead fouling to the point pressures can be raised to unacceptable levels.

If a manufacturer recommends against any practice relating to their product I usually look on it as a message from God.
    Last edited by Art; 09-29-2013 at 07:43.

6. Default

Except when they say that warranties are voided by reloading. That is a message from lawyers, and they are from the opposite place from God....

I contacted Young Enterprises regarding the "leading" issue and they stated that they use their bullets in their Glock guns. I think I will load to hard cast specs, staying below 1000 fps and watch for leading and pressure problems.

DD. Little late on the thread but I've shot lots of plated bullets through polygonal rifling with no issues. Lead not so much...