Thread: The Gagdet

1. Default The Gagdet

The inventor refers to this trigger travel-reducer as a gadget so that’s what I will call it.

The packaging is as interesting as the gadget. The gadget is completely nested in a hole which has been drilled into a small block of wood 1-1/4” X 1-1/4” X 1/4”. The gadget and wood block are wrapped with the instruction sheet.

My guess is it was on the market in the late 1920’s and early 1930’s. The cost was $1.00.

These little tidbits of 03 history are intended to be stimulators SO if you have an 03
    “Do-Dad” please share it and/or post a picture.

Gary Bush

Way cool!

Best Regards from Virginia,

Chris

Blog Entries

Gary, You are truly a top of the line collector of 03 parts. Never have I seen a collection of your caliber.. Keep up the good work... Thanks for sharing with us.........

Gary, cool stuff, thanks. Didn't you have a picture on another thread of some aftermarket 1903A3 sights?

Kurt
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

5. Default

Kurt,
    Yes check my past posts on Jouster it has been at least two years back'
    Gary

I recall running across that thread while trying to identify a Hi-Lo sight that came on a scout rifle project I bought. I don't think I found anything anywhere else on that sight so still need to thank you! I know you suggested that the notch was an indicator of position of the off center hole, but could it itself be an additional sighting range?

Kurt
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."