Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "The Blue Max"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by snakehunter View Post
    I was watching it the other day and noted that the British fighters looked exactly like SE 5s except the props were mounted at the top of the cowling instead of at the bottom. Was there an SE 5 model made in that configuration? If not, what did they use to simulate the SE 5
    Could the three different engines used explain the prop location?

S.E.5
    First production version. Single-seat fighter biplane, powered by a 150 hp (112 kW) Hispano-Suiza 8a piston engine.
    S.E.5a
    Improved production version, powered by a 200 hp (149 kW) Hispano-Suiza 8b V-8 or 200 hp (149 kW) Wolseley Viper piston engine.
    Phillip McGregor (OFC)
    "I am neither a fire arms nor a ballistics expert, but I was a combat infantry officer in the Great War, and I absolutely know that the bullet from an infantry rifle has to be able to shoot through things." General Douglas MacArthur

I think that would explain the minor variation in the museum displays and old photos.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Ok it's only a replica but there are lots of good references.... Why screw it up this bad?...........Airplane goon, signing off.
    Because
    A.) it's just a neat toy
    B.) I think he was pretty limited with available graphics and budget.
    C.) It's easier to just do what you want than try to please the airplane goons who worry about Fonts and left handed floopjacks being light interior green only on aircraft produced on the second Monday in May.

Here's what Hanson's aircraft supposedly looked like
    Last edited by Guamsst; 09-22-2013 at 08:57.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.