Question Repro stock marked DR inside

Any clue as to who might have made it? It looks like birch and stained to look like walnut. TIA.

Last edited by Jeff L; 09-10-2013 at 08:26.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.

Only person I can think of is Deans Gun Restoration. But, he works with walnut and if requested will stamp his stocks with "DGR".

Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

I seem to remember Italian made C stocks made of birch or some other similar hardwood stained to resemble walnut back in the 1990's. As I recall, Numrich...and/or maybe Sarco....sold them. They weren't bad looking stocks, but weren't exact duplicates of original WW2 stocks, and took some fitting to make them work, and some people did a little further finishing and restyling on the outside to get them to closer resemble U.S. G.I. stocks. I think some of these were made in 2 parts, and had the forend piece joined to the back half right where the rear band went, so the band would cover the joint.

Pictures??

I had what looked like a birch handguard mounted on a Remington M1903 I bought in the late 1960s. I'll have to see if I can find a picture of it. I sold it to John Beard over 10 years ago - maybe he still has it and can comment.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

6. Default

I bought an Italian C stock from Sarco for my CMP Greek 1903 in 2008. It is walnut, came stained and is the best fitting aftermarket stock I've ever bought. The action was a tight fit but required no wood removal. It also provided the correct fore end. It is one piece and came with a handguard. There is no DR stamped inside, in fact, there are no marks at all.

Maybe it was mine.

Here's the picture of that handguard - it dated at least to the 1960s and probably before that. Unfortunately, the only picture I have.

"We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I've started sanding down the top and wrist. It looks more like poplar. I post some pics later for my adventures of stock inletting.
    Spam Sniper- one click, one kill.

CSP is what you make it.

A picture of your gun is worth 1,000 words. A crappy picture is only worth 100.