Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's a beautiful 22, how does it shoot? Compared to others ? Love my k22, would love to try that one out at the range.

No idea,it's a safe queen.It does not appear to have ever been fired.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

3. Default

How about the Trooper in 22 magnum, rare or common?
    Last edited by gfguns; 10-22-2013 at 02:29.

Old model Trooper,I've never seen one catalogued in the Colt catalogs I have.Trooper Mk 3,common,I've had 3 at different times.
    A man with a sword may talk of peace.A man with out a sword may talk of peace,but he must talk very fast indeed.

have never heard of one in .22mag........... I'd want a factory letter before buying one..................... just saying, have seen more than a few "rare guns" created........................ & it's daam hard to get your money back..................
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

6. Default

My 22 magnum was produced in 1979.

Quote Originally Posted by gfguns View Post
    My 22 magnum was produced in 1979.
    That's a Trooper MkIII,fairly common,I've owned 3,one bought new.The old model Troopers are an entirely different handgun.The Mk III line of Colt's were designed to be mostly machine made with very little hand fitting using a coil spring mainspring.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by JBinIll View Post
    That's a Trooper MkIII,fairly common,I've owned 3,one bought new.The old model Troopers are an entirely different handgun.The Mk III line of Colt's were designed to be mostly machine made with very little hand fitting using a coil spring mainspring.
    Thanks JB I appreciate the info. I picked it up a few years back knowing nothing about it except it was NIB. Any idea on market value?
    Thanks
    Greg