Thread: '96 carbine

Default '96 carbine

I just got it back to-gether after a complete break down and cleaning. I have a very tiny spring left over---maybe 1/8" long and 1/16 dia. For the life of me can't figure where it goes! Does not show in NRA break-down books, but they do not show bolt apart. I did not have the interior bolt parts taken apart. Rifle seems to function fine! HELP!

2. Default

There is a small spring inside the sight.
    The sear spring isn't huge but bigger than the sight.

Which did you have apart?

I had them both apart. This thing would fit in a watch, almost. Must be for the sight but can't rememeber where/how. The slide I would think, eh? Some close investigation is in order! It is a 96 c marked carbine sight. I take 98 Mauser's down completely for cleaning (when first purchased) and can put them to-gether blind folded---Krag's, not so much!

4. Default

Take the slide apart. The spring goes inside the slide - between the two rails of the leaf.

Thanks---I do notice the slide kind of tips when slid up and binds, I'm sure the spring will cure that.

Have never learned to post pics. It was really bad example but has a real 96C sight and correct 92 bolt (not correct for this carbine of course). Cleaned up to fair or better.