Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kriger is Shady

wow, not getting a warm fuzzy feeling about ordering a barrel from CMP, and of course it is a Krieger?
    but a CMP order gives me a ready to install barrel and it is supposed to be short so that smith can ream it out
    Last edited by pelago; 09-16-2013 at 08:49.

no.. the CMP is selling Criterian and Kriger barrels, that have already been checked and spec..
    i belive this was a one time deal, that was got right from Kriger.
    the breakdown in communication is the real issue here, and how Kriger responded to the customer is my issue.
    i understand how a barrel blank is shipped.
    however,. this customer paid more for a cut and contured barrel, i was supprised with all the work done to it, that they just ommited the chamber and muzzle..
    and when contacted about the lack of these options, the responce was for lack of a better term...sux to be you additude.
    i have made the barrel right, it is now chambered to his handloaded round, and done so with a match grade reamer. crown was also done to as close to a G.I. muzzle as i could get.
    note that the area for the front sight base was a bit over sized. and i needed to work a front sight base for it to fit correctly. and may still high temp it in place as well.
    a company with the reputation it has, should have admited the mistake in walking the buyer through the options, rather then say...its what you wanted.. were not responsible...
    a little customer service even when the customer has made an error goes a long way.
    i made it right.. he should be happy..his rifle is on the down hill side of the project, even with the speed bumps that were put in the way..
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

picture how how his barrel was shipped..and after i short chambered it before reinstall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I am done with Krieger. Never ordering from them again.

I am an excellent communicator, and can do it in 2 other languages. I most certainly did NOT get what I asked for from the barrel they supplied. Should have just sent that POS back to them. Cork suckers.
    Last edited by GillaFunk; 09-16-2013 at 02:56.
    "America is not at war. The Marine Corps is at war; America is at the mall."

look at the brite side.
    youll have a nicely crowned, and butter smooth chamber, if you break it in well,. and squeeze the switch right, it should do the job well.

always had extremely good luck with them..............never had a problem...........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

7. Default

Well guy's its really my fault I pumped up Gilla on a 03a1 build a very long time ago. Glad there is light at the end of the tunnel. How is the rest of the build going. Update please.

his rifle should be delivered tomorrow...some custom engraving was done. or it would have been done a couple weeks ago..

Custom barrels are custom for your smith to do all the work, like chambering thread and shoulder, cut and crown. My obermeyer m1a came only with contours, gas port was not drilled. Krieger has an excellent reputation. Sounds to me you wanted a drop in with short chamber. If you wanted a custom chamber you normally supply loaded cases,
    I think maybe you did not understand what a custom barrel was. Let's put it this way Criterion = 914 Porsche, Krierger = 911 Turbo. 914 one built to VW specs and price. And a Krieger custom barrel, on a regular 1903 action seems like a waste. More to custom that meets the eye.

think you missed the points...
    first...he paid them extra money to cut a short chamber, crown and conture the barrel for the 1903..
    short chambering is fine. and then finish ream to a customers handloaded rounds...is common..
    second...
    what differance does it make what action is being used?? if i pay extra money for a barrel made for a wards .22 rifle...shouldnt they take the time to do it right??
    so ..Krieger should only sell barrels to what YOU think is a quality weapon? personlly i think a Porsche is a big over priced POS, well..maybe you have a point...Kieger, Porsche...hand in hand lol
    Last edited by chuckindenver; 10-07-2013 at 06:44.