Default ART II scope and mount....is it a "real" deal?

I'm looking at this ART II scope and mount that is coming out of a large Virginia collection. It looks original minus a missing magnification ring spindle and a reticle sans the 30 MOA left and right Mil dots. What can the experts tell me about a S/N 5384 and the mount is hand stamped "0350"? It looks like it has the standard 300-900m cam but I'm still learning and taking notes from a buddy who carried one in 2nd Bat. The package is priced well under $1000, is tight with clear optics and looks real to me. The seller also states it was a USMC piece, any characteristics to back up that claim?
    Last edited by PRC148; 08-29-2013 at 07:21.

2. Default

Your picture links are not working for me.

N.E. New Jersey, west of the 'gorllia' building.

Pictures don't work for me either... There are two types of ART II G.I. mounts, the M14 dedicated two point and the Q.D. (quick detachable) which is used with a rail. That scope will need to go to Iron Sight Inc. for repair ($$).

Sorry for the broken links. I copied them from my other forum without luck. I found the answers I was looking for and I found myself a nice USGI scope and mount for well under $1000, just missing a magnification thumb screw.