Default 1891 argentine mauser info needed

I recently got my grandpas Argie that he bought from sears and Roebuck way back when. The gun is a c batch, manufactured in early part of 92'. I already bought a brass gripped bayonet with crest intact, leather belt piece is on the scabbard even.... and matching #'s! I felt very fortunate to find it at my first gun show ever in Springfield Missouri last weekend. Now I'm on the hunt for even more stuff to compliment the gun. I.e. an original complete cleaning kit, and whatever else was made for these guns. That's where you guys come into play. What should I be looking for? Was there an army issued gun sleeve? Or perhaps bipods? I just don't have a clue. Please help me get my grandpas gun into a collection status. He served in the Korean war as a light wheeled mechanic and I served in Iraq doing grunt work in baghdad. I hope to be able to show him the stuff on Christmas. It would mean the world to me. Thank y'all
    Last edited by grandpassearsgun; 08-21-2013 at 01:17.

First off, the gun was not manufactyred in '82, either 1882 0r 1982. One is too early the other too late. Maybe 1892.
    The bayonet was made for the Navy, with brass grips. I know of no particular accessories issued with these guns, at least ones that were imported, except bayo's. All most all of these had the crest ground off the reciever before sold to importers, but most seemed to be in un-issued, as new condition.

leftyo Guest

you got a bayo, about the only other accessory i can think of is an original sling. be forewarned, they are very hard to find.

4. Default

I have seen muzzle covers on b-pay. I too have a C serialed rifle and bayonet. The # on my rifle and bayonet are 1102 apart. Funny thing is that I aquired the bayonet while antiqueing with my grandma about 35 years ago in the Camden area of the Ozarks. It only took me 20 years to figure out what it went to (my crest is ground off). Then I had to get a rifle for it. Then I had to get a C serialed carbine and the bayonet for it. All because grandma bought her little grandson a bayonet.
    john

Can you describe what the original sling looks like. Do you have any idea where to begin looking?

Really? First off the thread was labeled "1891".... Obviously I already knew which decade / century these rifles were made. it was just a typo. There is no need to critique every little detail to make yourself look or feel better. But thanks for trying. And if I were to play your way,.... These were not only made for the navy, they were also issued to police officers. Close but no cookie.