Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Round Mags

Default 10 Round Mags

Can anyone point me towards reliable 10 round carbine mags? I'm in a ban state and could use a few. Thx. Paul
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote" Benjamin Franklin

Brownells' has 'em...

http://www.brownells.com/magazines/r...prod57070.aspx

Spend some time on the web and you should be able to find some other sources for 10 rnd mags too.

Thanks, I guess I should have been more specific: is there one better than the others as far as reliability?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the outcome of the vote" Benjamin Franklin

Midway has the same brand as Brownell's, but a little cheaper, and some from ProMag, too. I have some from Sportsman's Guide, but they were not the greatest. They are out now, anyway. When using these types, I had some luck improving reliability by replacing the op rod spring, doing a thorough cleaning and giving the mags a break-in period. They aren't perfect yet, but they are much more reliable than when new. I would hope that the mags from Brownell's or Midway would be better out of the box given the price they're asking.

Don't know if legal, but blocking a GI 15 round mag with a block of wood would be a easy answer here. Colt shipped SP-1 AR15 carbines with one of the 20 round mags blocked in this manner. Guess your problem with this fix might be getting the 15 round mags to install the blocks in would be legal in the first place. When they did the mag ban in CA, you could keep and use all of the mags that you had before the law went into place. after, could still have and use. Don't have any idea about what they do in your state. Blocking a 15 is sure easy to do.
    Chris

With our new laws, I have to declare (register) the number of mags I own that take more than 15 rounds. I WILL NOT DO THIS. I sent all mags that are more than 15 rounds to my parents place out of state. Altering mags will not be compliant with the new laws, so I need new mags.

If the number is 15 rounds, why not just use a GI 15 round mag ?? They are the best and most reliable anyway.
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W. View Post
    If the number is 15 rounds, why not just use a GI 15 round mag ?? They are the best and most reliable anyway.
    Chris
    In Missouri at least, the last that I knew, we were/are restricted to using magazines with a 10 round capacity or less for hunting with a centerfire rifle ............ We must block AR, M14,M1 carbine, G3/HK91 etc mags to a capacity of 10 rds or less.............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by Chris W. View Post
    Chris
    The number is 10. Anything more than 10 rds is concidered a high cap mag, I can't buy 15 rd mags in CT anymore. If I wish to keep my GI mags, I have to regiser them.

All you guys that live in those Commie states need to move out to Idaho, which is still the good old USA. I can have any mag even if holds 100 rounds. Plus machine guns, silencers,and even bayonet lugs.