Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default ?'s about Inland 94,xxx

I also ran across an Inland with serial under 100k (94,XXX). It appears to me to be a restoration of sorts..mainly the trigger housing is correct but it is sort of off colored (looks like a heat treating issue turning it more of a plumb color...seen this on 98k extractors..). Not sure if this was added, but the parts are correct.

My main questions are centered around the front band (unmarked that I could tell) and the rear sight. It isn't staked, but want to get opinions on whether looks legit.

The rifle overall appears to be original finish with no type 3 band shadows, burnishing around the edges of the "p" proof on the barrel and writing on the barrel. The bolt is correct, the trigger housing internals are as well. The front sight is "N" marked.

The stock has been sanded (sadly), but appears correct (no type 2 or 3 band compressions), high wood, I-cut..

Here are some pictures of the band, receiver area, and sight..

Any thoughts?

TIA

Greg

Last edited by Ls6man; 08-11-2013 at 09:50.

The barrel band on early carbines were blued not parkerized. Unmarked type 1 bands were used often by Inland. The type 1 rear sights were not staked the same way the adjustable sights were. A very small chisel was used on the end on the dovetail on the right side so if the sight came loose it would not come out of the dovetail and be lost. The front sight would be correctly marked with an N BUT the picture makes it appear to be other then an N marked front sight. Looks more like what is called a thumb nail cut behind the blade that would indicate Winchester. The receiver appears to be refinished in your photos too. The rear sight is also correct for an early Inland.

3. Default

here is another shot (the pics are all poor quality..sorry)

I will try to take a better pic of the front sight and see about taking other pics in better light of the receiver.

4. Default

It has an original look to it need more pics of stock markings and trigger housing out of stock

5. Default

What is the asking price

Sage, California....where the pavement ends and The West begins

The purplish color of the trigger housing is something you sometimes see on German refurbished carbines.

7. Default

I know it is hard to tell based on the pics posted (I'm hoping to get better ones this week), but does the reeiver finish look original?

Looking at the inland and serial number looks kinda like has been refinished, as seems kinda filled in as if refinished

9. Default

I will try to get better pics later this week or weekend. I agree it does look a little filled in..

10. Default

On the CMP forumn a guy has serial # 94255 which is less than 10 serials from this one. He says his receiver finish looks the same as this one. I've emailed him to see some pics..More ?'s now..lol