Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by CJCulpeper View Post
    I did a search for "thro" and found these two gentlemen.
    THROOP John D. Private St. Louis Gratiot 35th Michigan Volunteers Company Unassigned
    THROOP William E. Corporal Adrian Lenawee 35th Michigan Volunteers Company D
    No, no, no. Not Throop as I'd be interested. My grandfather's grandmother was a Throop. Third Throop, Thexas Cavalry. Ok, not that kind of Throop. She was a Throop though. Her daddy was, thus, also a Throop. A Cavalry Throoper even:

http://www.nps.gov/civilwar/search-s...6-b8ac6f5d926a

Quote Originally Posted by Dick Hosmer View Post
    Hey, I only went so far! I'm sure you can provide his second-grade report card, and favorite food! Get back to the book! [BIG GRIN]
    Um, it's kind of, well, um, done. The writing and data parts anyway. 156 pages. Took two weeks? About that. The next year is pictures. Tedious work but not difficult. I have to have some parts made to assemble some guns. That's the time suck ahead. So a year from today it'll be printed and ready. Exactly one year from today. You can mark your calendars. If the guns I'm making aren't ready I'll skip them.
    Last edited by 5MadFarmers; 08-06-2013 at 02:41.

Pictures please so I can compare with my 1895/96 carbine. I am most interested in the stock cartouches and over all wear/patina. Thanks much.