Default US&S 1911-A1 condition check

Looking for condition check on this US&S. I have just posted on GB and rated at 98%. Am I off by much? will post more pictures if needed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Pacific North west & Lake Havasu City, AZ.

What category did you post under. I looked on GB under C&R (Curio & Relic) where I normally expect to see such listings and I could not find it.

If the finish is original and all the parts are correct & original, I'd say that you are close on your assessment. Correctness and originality are pretty hard to tell, looking at pictures. Hands on inspections are the only way to know for sure. I'll have to say that it is a pretty one, for sure.
    Last edited by Duane Hansen; 07-31-2013 at 07:25.

Thanks Duane, I moved it to Curio & Relics. I listed more pictures which might help.

Certainly 98% but difficult to tell if its Dulite from the photos.

Agreed, pretty gun.

Yesterday a US&S arrived on my desk and one of my guys first comment was, looks brand new!
    This particular gun was refinished.
    Rear serrations had 2 dings, they were blue As was the feed ramp.
    The gun had easily 1k round fired through it. peen in front of the FP stop on disco track from the hammer pushing on it. but blue?
    Front of slide the rails showed no bright spots under the slide. impossible for a 1k round gun.
    P proof marks were both deep. and both blue inside as was the inspector mark.
    Learning to hate the fill paint like on the gun posted. Would like to see the P marks with no fill.

Interesting note about seeing the finish first hand and not from photo's. Experience speaking for sure.

The posted gun brings up questions for me as someone that wants to know more
    Feed ramp looks polished recently, polish goes below what would be machine cut.
    Rear sight on top looks a little rough. would expect to see bright spots but PLEASE correct me if I am wrong as is often the case.
    Would like to see a photo from inside the slide. Disco track and slide rail.

The gun I sent back in 6 minutes dropped from a 5k gun to a refinished 1k gun so I know a lot is at stake.
    long time reader here, first time poster.

Thank you!
    geo

Quote Originally Posted by George Smith View Post
    The posted gun brings up questions for me as someone that wants to know more
    Feed ramp looks polished recently, polish goes below what would be machine cut.

Thank you!geo
    Normally if someone has polished the feed ramp after a refinish, the polishing marks are not uniform and absolutely parallel to each other. The factory polish is very uniform, and done with 80 grit emery paper.