1. Default copper jacket 30 cal bullets

Wideners has some of these arsenal 147gr "match" bullets. Whats the story on a pure copper jacket?

The only pure copper jackets are really solid copper like the Barnes bullets. The normal jackets are a mix of copper and zinc if I remember correctly. Then there are the copper plated steel jackets. Those bullets your talking about are the normal ones for the 7.62x51. Work best in a twist of 1 in 12 like the M14. The will shoot OK in a 1 in 10 twist of the M1, just not quite as accurate as in the M14 or a .308 with the 1 in 12 twist.

Intresting way they list these bullets. I've shot a lot of M80 bullets sold by Wideners in my M1a with out a problem.. Wideners was always my perfered vendor of choice as I used to buy my bullets in 500 count and 7.62 in 200rd ct. Now they seem to have increased the quanities in their offerings making the price too steep for me.

If you want probably the same bullets try Graffs at .16 a bullet.
    http://www.grafs.com/retail/catalog/...roductId/26973
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

What some call a "copper jacket" is actually Gilding Metal (GM), an alloy of copper and zinc. In the U.S. there are Gilding Metal Clad Steel bullets (GMCS) in which the jacket is formed from a 3-layer sandwich of GM/steel/GM. Other countries may use plated bullets, but not the U.S. GMCS bullets were developed during WW II and today they probably outnumber the old GM jacketed bullets.

5. Default

They are sold by the 1000, 22-24 cents per, not sure how that compares these days, steep for M80 bullets at pre-Obamination price levels. They are probably pretty good quality. Call them, they may agree to sell by the 500.