Thread: M1C

1. Default M1C

If an M1C did not come from the DCM or the CMP.It has been verified by Dave McClain,where do you think the rifle came from?I checked with the CMP,they have no history on it.Thanks
    Last edited by TylerT; 07-25-2012 at 10:06.

2. Default

I have one that came back with the Korean imports. The US gave M1C's to Denmark, Isreal and others.
    I'm sure there were some that we're sold by police departments or other agencies that sold them as surplus, stolen rifles ect
    Last edited by Johnny in Texas; 07-27-2012 at 07:40.

The cmp does not have exact records pre 1996. Before that, records are spotty at best from the DCM. It could have been sold thru the DCM and the records were lost. It also could have been liberated from an Armory sometime in it's past, or rifles brought in pre 1968 did not have to be import marked. So it's about anyone's guess where it came from. Also I have heard stories of the Marines giving away M1C's to senior officers upon retirement, but I don't know how true that is.

If Dave gave it the thumbs up, that is all I would worry about. His letter on it will make the rifle worth just as much as if you had the cmp/dcm paperwork.

My best guess it was sold thru the old DCM and the paperwork was lost.

4. Default

I was looking at the value chart in the GCA magazine,showed with cmp/dcm papers at 15,not from cmp/dcm 15 to 18.Just wondered why not from cmp/dcm the value could be higher?

you don't need any paper work on a m1c, the ser and heat lot code will tell you ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. If mr McCain says you are good to go done deal.

ok , got mixed up from org post, where it came from don't know how you can find that out, maybe best don't worry about it.

7. Default

Thanks for the info.

8. Default

I think CMP papers are desirable and add some value but not needed to confirm authenticity.