Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default

I have a really nice N frame 357 five inch barrel that was given to me by a very sweet lady , it is pretty darn accurate and a nice piece of work to look at . It has been worked over and has the smoothest double action I have ever fired .
    As for the most accurate , the Dan Wesson was something else , sometimes when I had my ducks in a row it would shoot one fat cluster at fifty yds open sights . But it was just to much trouble to keep tuned , back then I would shoot three hundred to five hindered rds a weekend and would have to have it tuned three to four times a year .
    I also had a Colt officers target model Six inch barrel 38 spl with windage sights in the rear and elevation on the front , with wad cutters it was one accurate pistol .
    Pulled a shot off with it one day that I have never forgotten , an old friend , my son , and myself where riding down the road and saw a fox trotting across a field about a hundred yds away , I told my friend to stop the car and he thought I was about to waste a bullet . I held about a foot high and full body lead . Gun cracked and that fox rolled end over end with feet sticking in the air when he stopped . I was smiling ear to ear . Went through the shoulders . That was with semi wad cutter hollow point . That is one gun I have kicked myself many a time for selling . Kenneth
    Last edited by aintright; 08-10-2013 at 07:24.