Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Going price for a box of 50 .45acp, 230 grain?

I've not seen much, if any at all for sale, of the .45acp ammo in the military 230 grain round. is it still on back order around the country and what is the current asking price of a 50 round box when found at Gun Shows? Thanks

Here in my area of NH, Federal AE45A is $20.95 per box of 50.
    HTH, George in NH

Thanks

Acadamey Stores in the Houston metro has 230grn instock Winchester white box $21. I noticed full shelves of all brands of ammo yesterday except .22
    To Error Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy

Hmmm, what's Remington .22 long rifle going for per 100 round box?

I dont know about Remington 100 rounders but I bought a brick of CCI standard velocity 22lr today for 4 dollars per box of 50, 40 per brick.
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

7. Default

Bud, you did very well. The last gun show I went to had .22LR in bricks of 500 going for $60 to $80 - most at $75. The guy selling for $60 sold out within an hour of the show opening. I understand that when Commercial Row at Camp Perry opened last Monday, there were bricks of .22 standard velocity ammo selling for $40 per brick. It was all gone in about an hour or two from what I was told.

Rick,
    I bought 3 50 round boxes of Remington sub-sonic HP lr's in NV the other day my oldest daughter saw what I did and went and bought 3 and gave them to me she told me it was to replace the ammo the oldest grandson had shot up while he was up here. I thanked her for the ammo then paid her back and told her that he had shot up .308 win ammo not 22 and not to worry about it, we both had a good laugh. Those 22 shells were 3.80 something per 50 round box. I gave her a box of 100 22 hp high velocity to give to a guy I worked with and she will pass them on, he is a good guy and when things are this tough I try to help out the good ones as much as I can. It's the right thing to do.

The gunstore I got that brick from today put out well over 10 thousand rounds of just that one kind of .22 ammo, besides my brick I only saw 2 other bricks sold. I know the store owner pretty well and I know for a fact that he wouldnt have put that much out at once unless he had just got a boat load of them in. Plenty of most kinds of powder on the shelf even if it is getting upwards of 27 per pound, a little spendy no? Lots of HSM plated pistol bullets and plenty of primers. I must admit today I turned into the dreaded and evil "Horder" LOL, I found a nice Remington Wingmaster 16 gage pump gun without a dam vent rib a 28 inch mod. barrel and bought it, 195. bucks. I already have one 16 ga. that was grandpa's a winchester 30 inch full and a dream to shoot. I'm always scared to use it much I don't want to damage it so I've been looking for over 20 years for a nice "other" user 16 to hunt with, I dont think there is a better gage for all round bird hunting. I went a little long here sorry.

BudT
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

9. Default

Hi Bud, Sounds like you did well in many ways. It is good to hear that ammo and reloading supplies are loosening up in your area. It is not that way around here. One can find what he want if he is luck enough to stumble into the store at the right time. The heavily travelled stores can't keep product on the shelves for more than a few hours. The product is out there but the demand is outstripping the current supply. People still remain fearful.

Aww, Bud... Use Grandpa's 16! Who else is going to appreciate the provenance of this fine piece?

I am lucky in a way, I have two of my dad's guns, he hunted his hard and was not careful with them...