Thread: saiga 12 gauge

1. Default saiga 12 gauge

I know the saiga isn't a soviet weapon, but it is a russian weapon modeled from the ak47, so I will go ahead and ask about it. I've been aching for one for years but now I hear they have function issues.

1.I hear you have to replace the gas plug to shoot lighter shells like size 8. Is that true and does that require a gun smith?

2. Do the magazines disfigure the shells and cause jams?

3. Are they any other issues?

Are they even worth owning? There are a lot of shotgunss on the market but only one that uses removable magazines. So that causes some skepticizm in me.
    https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/531748_433726156709621_535544258_n.jpg

I can only tell you I have seen a few members at the range with them. One member even made a slide fire system for his. It worked like full auto but he couldn't over come the muzzel rise. Ran a magazine through pretty quick.

Russian special forces units use them. Plus they come in 12ga an 20 ga. an beign able to have a bunch of mags with diff. loads is a neat idea.
    AIM TRUE, YOU MIGHT HIT THE TARGET:

Ours runs best with high base, full power rounds. That said, there are adjustable gas plugs that just screw in by hand and regulate the gas pressure for low base rounds. I have one, but so far have just ran high base rounds in it. This is not a hunting shotgun, more on the line of the old street sweeper shotguns. So far, very functional, no problems with the gun or the mags. Like any AK, craftsmanship is poor, but highly functional, very reliable.
    Chris