Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Now you want to see an over priced 1903 check this one out. That SPG cartouche doesn't look like mine.

http://shop.pre98.com/product.sc?pro...&categoryId=18

I agree - the SA/SPG looks fake to me. Nothing on SRS. I wonder if it was "restored" to NM standards.
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

if were goin by the magical book these guys seem to have, ive sold alot of rifles at dirt cheap prices.

When you are in one of these retail stores, take a moment and look at the other customers. Many are totally out of their element, and have no idea what they are looking at. Especially the ones at the AR rack. I can see no rational for spending $430 for a Henry .22 at Gander Mountain, when you can walk across the parking lot and buy the same item at Wallyworld for $295. Gander still sells a few. They do have great sales on their fishing stuff and clothing, which is top quality. I still can't buy guns or ammo from them. Regards, Clark

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Howard View Post
    When you are in one of these retail stores, take a moment and look at the other customers. Many are totally out of their element, and have no idea what they are looking at. Especially the ones at the AR rack. I can see no rational for spending $430 for a Henry .22 at Gander Mountain, when you can walk across the parking lot and buy the same item at Wallyworld for $295. Gander still sells a few. They do have great sales on their fishing stuff and clothing, which is top quality. I still can't buy guns or ammo from them. Regards, Clark
    When you are in [Gander Mountain, especially], take a moment and look at the staff. Many are totally out of their element...

Not an 03 but relevant to the thread. I was in the local gun shop one day and watched a guy sell an M1 to the shop for $400.00. I walked around a bit then went up to the counter and asked to see the rifle. The clerk handed it to me and it was an unremarkable 2mil rifle. Pitting on the receiver, the crown was wrecked and the rear hand guard front hand guard and butt stock were all different colors. Probably a combo of walnut and birch. I asked the clerk how much and he says $1000. I hand the rifle back to him and say wow that's a shame. He says yeah it's pretty beat up. I say no I mean it's a shame some un suspecting soul will give you a $1000. for that stove pipe wrapped in fire wood.