Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hard to fault him for running for cover, easy to fault him for leaving the other two and staying there while someone else covers the folks in his car and tends the wounded. Also, The AAR and the video are only vaguely similar but I guess "Yeager then took off like a scalded dog for the ditch where he remained until well after contact was broken" just isn't as official sounding.

If he was just "some guy" I'd feel bad for him having his failure out there for the world to see. But since he wants the "badass" image and to be a "tactical" instructor I think it should be mandatory viewing for anyone who takes his class.....before they pay him.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

" 1911s suck".... Probably an accurate statement..... IF SPOKEN BY THE NEXT OF KIN OF ANYONE UNLUCKY ENOUGH TO BE FACING THE WRONG END OF ONE.
    Last edited by bobby L; 02-22-2014 at 07:57.

3. Default

I will never understand why a quality firearm is bad. He probably keeps an RG .38 in his night stand, after crap guns are better.

4. Default

If you do the wrong thing repeatedly for years it doesn't make you an expert.

To the best of my knowledge, Glock remains the only firearms manufacturer that tells prospective buyers in the firearm's factory instruction booklet, that using properly loaded handloads & some properly loaded factory new ammo in their firearm, can cause any of their pistols to explode, seriously injuring or killing the shooter, or any bystanders near to the point that the pistol is fired................. and folks, that was & is enough for me to NEVER buy or shoot any weapon they make................... heck they spent enough money on "campaign donations" that the US Congress exempted firearms from US Consumer liability laws......................... just for them...........and that is truly scary.........

screw Glock, their lawyers and PR staff.............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

While it's certainly true that operating a 1911 as a CCW requires some thought it is still, even cocked and locked, the safest firearm around. Even if the thumb-safety is swept off by clothing or whatever, if the gun is properly maintained it's perfectly safe as the grip-safety still needs to be depressed and trigger pulled to fire. If you carry a 1911 and have a N/D because the thumb-safety was swept off you have no business with any firearm as you can't safely maintain and test it. That is on you, not the gun. I'v carried a cocked and locked five-inch 1911 for about fifteen years now without trouble. The main problem I see with a 1911 and people is that they don't or won't put in the time required to be adequately familiar with the gun and train with it enough to subconsciously do what is required to bring it into play.

No Semi-Auto is safer and, at the same time, faster for the first aimed shot from the holster than a 1911.
    "Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas"
    Jeff Cooper

I also carry a full size 45 auto cocked and locked in a BlackHawk "plastic holster" (don't remember the model). I wear it right hand crossdraw. I have been shooting 1911s for almost 50 years. I can draw, fire and hit a paper plate at 15 yards first shot.
    Due to ammo shortages, no warning shot will be fired

8. Default

He is full of Hockeypuck. Did he say the old gunfighters pinned the grip safety down? He complained about having to hold the gun just right. Maybe we are being hard on this guy. He is handicapped both mentally and physically.