Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default 1911s SUCK........

I can't decide if this guy is funny or annoying. Sad thing is he says he is an instructor but doesn't know enough to even make a valid point.

I like this guys response. I think he made his point very well.

I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

I think the guy in the first vid is full of $ &*#. I have fired hundreds of rounds through all my 1911's type pistols in 9X19mm,9X23, .38 auto, 40 S&W and .45ACP. They function every time. I have fired Glocks and they are quite accurate buy they don't feel right for me. Thanks but I'll keep my steel 1911's.
    Last edited by joem; 07-19-2013 at 06:36.

Some points
    He has main spring housings backwards flat was original arch came out in 1924...
    He curses 1911 owners for being over invested in their guns. He then makes it apparent that he is over invested in Glocks.
    He says there are very few high end 1911 manufacturers....There are 2 many to name
    A Ftf or fte is a type of malfunction...so they technically are correct
    No body gives a **** if your glock works
    Last edited by p246; 07-17-2013 at 09:32.

I carry a 21sf at work and a 1911 I built off duty. I like both. I am the dept armorer and keep 65 21sf and 5 30sf hand guns running. We have been in them for five years. They go bang and are accurate but idiot boys statement about quality assembly line production had me laughing. Within 1 year one 21sf came back from factory with only original frame and barrel due to fte issues. All 21sf yeah 65 had to have new trigger housings because originals out of spec and trigger bar chipped rear corner off. Just sent one in with cracked frame are 2200 rd count. I won't even get into the 9/45 argument. My 1911 is at 5100 rd count and I have replaced recoil spring. My 21sf is at 3000 rd count and recoil spring and trigger housing has been changed. My hard fit KArt NM barrel, hand fit upper to lower etc 1911 is more accurate but not ungodly so. Both are well under minute of man at 25 yards.
    Last edited by p246; 07-17-2013 at 09:33.

Opinions of the 1911 are like a$$holes. Everyone has one and a great many just stink. Give me my 45 any day of the week. Aint purdy but it works
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

Speaking of being over-invested in something...

A few (probably several, by now) years ago, I remember when the Indiana State Police switched over to Glock .40 S&W. They had previously been using the Beretta 92G, then switched to the .40 S&W 96G. Prior to that, S&W Model 66. They's used the Berettas long enough the troopers had become very proficient with them and liked them. They also had Beretta .380 as back-ups.

Then, ISP got a new Superintendent who was a "Glock guy". A decision was made to go to a .40 S&W Glock and get rid of all the ISP Berettas. When the troopers started familiarizing and qualifying, they had all kinds of problems with them not functioning. As a result, many troopers literally refused to surrender their Berettas. Glock got involved and, at that time, could not work out the problem(s). In the end, Glock convinced the Superintendent (or vice-versa) to go back to 9mm.

A lot of the troopers I've spoken to were pretty dissatisfied with that decision. Most welcomed the 96G Beretta as an improvement over the 92G and saw going to 9mm as a step backwards.
    www.m1911info.com
    Solutions for M1911 Buyers & Sellers

What amazes me is that the Glock fanboys and 9mm zealots all state "facts" that either are wrong or are actually opinions. Worst part is, 1911 is available in 9mm so how do they want to counter that one?

What I really like is that the Glock fanboy talks allot of talk but the guy in the response video WALKS THE WALK.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Central California at the southend of Yosemite

I have owned six Glocks over the years one 9mm and five 40s&w's. I liked them but they never impressed me as much as any of the 1911's. One thing that I experienced with my then G27 was a detonation before being totally in battery which blew the mag out the bottom. When I owned a small gunshop I had three customers complain of the same problem, two of which damaged the guns. Glock made them good with no fanfare. All were 40's and all were shot with factory ammo according to the owners. I know mine was. Anyhow I sold all of mine and doubtful will ever own another. I have also shot hundreds (or more) rounds through 1911's in 45acp, 40s&w and 38 super at USPSA and Steel Challenge Matches the local pistol club over the last 15 years with very few problems. I will admit a couple of my 1911's have been worked over but they are my buddies. This is just my 2 cents worth. Dick OFC

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gahimer View Post
    Speaking of being over-invested in something...

A few (probably several, by now) years ago, I remember when the Indiana State Police switched over to Glock .40 S&W. They had previously been using the Beretta 92G, then switched to the .40 S&W 96G. Prior to that, S&W Model 66. They's used the Berettas long enough the troopers had become very proficient with them and liked them. They also had Beretta .380 as back-ups.

We had issues then to we had 58 glock 22 handguns ran fine all made pre Dec 2005. We bought 6 more made post Dec 2005 that had problems with FTF. Rounds ended up nose down on feed ramp. ATF made G lock embed serial number in frame starting Dec 2005. This small change cause frame to stiffen enough slide velocity increased enough mag could not keep up. Final fix was #8 mag follower and 11 coil spring. In meantime it was time for us to get new guns so we went 21SF.

Then, ISP got a new Superintendent who was a "Glock guy". A decision was made to go to a .40 S&W Glock and get rid of all the ISP Berettas. When the troopers started familiarizing and qualifying, they had all kinds of problems with them not functioning. As a result, many troopers literally refused to surrender their Berettas. Glock got involved and, at that time, could not work out the problem(s). In the end, Glock convinced the Superintendent (or vice-versa) to go back to 9mm.

A lot of the troopers I've spoken to were pretty dissatisfied with that decision. Most welcomed the 96G Beretta as an improvement over the 92G and saw going to 9mm as a step backwards.

Ii
    Last edited by p246; 07-18-2013 at 06:43.

Scott somehow my reply ended up in your quote...2nd paragraph.