Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Norwegian M98K mauser rifles

These rifles are numerous and readily avaiable here. A shop owner told me they buy them from the Army for about 90 dollars and sell them for about 200 dollars. They are considered the poor mans hunting rifle. If they are on the C&R list, <I may be able to import one.

Shooter5 Guest

Various Gander Mountain stores have been selling Military surplus lately.

OK, I give up - Where are you? Your info says Montanna, but since the US Army isn't sellin K98k rifles --
    Sarge
    Calling illegal aliens undocumented immigrants is like calling drug dealers unlicensed pharmacists!
    LIFE MEMBER: NRA, VFW, DAV, SFA, SOA, 281.AHC Assoc & CAF

Default Norway guns and stuff

You give up to easily. I am in Norway. I had a very Nice 98K Stock set given to me last night. I mailed it home today through the Norge post Office. it will be interesting to see if and when it arrives. it cost 60 dollars to mail. The stock came with a nice WW2 sling. When I mention WW2 mauser rifles here, the People just turn up their noses. I did see a nice 33\40 Stock, but I could not get it- YET. This computer has a Norwegian spell checker so I have to fight with it for English.

Don't worry about spelling---no one else does, hehehe.

Shooter5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by musketshooter View Post
    When I mention WW2 mauser rifles here, the People just turn up their noses.
    Local sentiment towards German rifles from that era likely is still affected by a little incident called Unternehmen Weserübung. That, and 5 years of occupation hell.

Great news. The stock set I mailed to myself showed up today. It took about 10 days to make it here. The stock and barrel bands are all matching. The sling is nice condition, original German. There are no marks on the stock other then the serial numbers in the barrel channel.
    By the way, there appears to be very little animosity between the Norwegians and the Germans over the occupation.

The M98F1
    I have one of these in 30-06 and love it for the capture and caliber conversion story. They were very good about keeping the parts together.

It's a BNZ 43.

JR

Are these safe to shoot with say greek HXP? only ask as i swore I read somewhere, that they are not. kinda wanted one to go with all my other .30 cal mil rifles

to the best of my knowledge, Norway, NEVER , Ever made any junk/suspect rifles/weapons/conversions & the original actions should surely be safe....boys, If I'm wrong, tell me now..............
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter