Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK '98 rifle

Default OK '98 rifle

I was looking at a .25 cal Stevens 44 this seller had listed and noticed this:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=349789432

Looks OK to me at $875 and no bids yet. I love the "rare and correct" 1901 sight. But it looks like a pretty decent rifle that you could take to a shooting match, just add a sling. Assuming the bore is OK.

jn

Looks pretty nice and ding-less to me, unlike the rifles I put together out of parts. Afraid I have more than enough of them though.
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

I agree with Bob... Not a bad looking rifle at that!

I had been watching that same gun. But daughter decided to get married in Sept. so funds not there. I think you should pull the trigger.

I kinda put this up for youse guys. My next buy, if I can swing it, will most likely be an '84 trapdoor. The new Portland house has a fireplace which just cries out for a long-barrel rifle with a spike bayonet hanging over it. One I can take to the range.

jn

Portland, OR?? My birthplace! I assume they haven't finished installing the 10-foot monument celebrating my birth there??
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Actually they did put something up, I think I saw it. It's a heroic figure of a woman reaching her hand out and down to the people below ..

http://www.larson-tech.com/SALT/Wint...Portlandia.htm

I'll check to see if it's **your** monument, and if it's not, I'll try to correct the misperception.

jn

I could check myself, but have to make sure the statute of limitations has run out!!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

Rick, I think it's the statue of limitations. BTW, I thought about it and bid on the rifle. It was just too nice, even has the oiler!

jn

Good luck, I hope you get it.
    Last edited by Mark Daiute; 07-11-2013 at 02:13.
    "A man with a tractor and a chain saw has no excuses, nor does he need any"
    Me. "Consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" Emerson "Consistency is the darling of those that stack wood or cast bullets" Me.