Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Underwood value

Default Underwood value

I have an m1 Carbine underwood serial number 1428641 all org, parts, hi wood marked with UEF/GHD in box also has the cross cannon beside the box,barrel date is 4-43 underwood,front band is type 1 handguard is two rivet with Petersen in script with U,Bolt is flat,blue marked with .U. Rear sight is the flip type s on left side leaf is marked .U. Has aP in circle on pistol grip,hammer is dogleg blue marked.U. All parts of this carbine are marked with the underwood U or has the ord, bomb on receiver, trigger hous, front sight sight has.U. On it this carbine looks like a bring back, I don,t know but it has a lot of patina on barrel and receiver, no import stamps, no cracks or repairs, dark wood handguard matches perfect with stock. I have pics by e mail would like to know the value of this carbine also in sling well there is PU and no rebuilt marks bore is shiny and bright, I know it's hard to give a good value of this carbine but it is really a nice old looking carbine that looks like its been there.
    Last edited by johnboy; 10-06-2013 at 06:49.

If it is as you describe then condition would be the determining factor. Not much help I know.

Pics are also used to determine if it has reproduction parts on it. That's about half the value.
    Are you interested in selling it?

Why not post the pictures here and get a bunch of eyes on it. We've got some real "eagle eyes" here who can help.

I'm still looking the pics over. Thanks. Based on the pics you've got a nice little Carbine. I'm not the best on U, but what you've got represents well, and everything looks to be USGI. Some things to check that I couldn't tell in the pics are type III barrel band marks. I don't see any, but you have it in hand. Look for 3 locations where the pads ride on the barrel near where that P proof is located. One would be on top and the other two would be under the barrel near 7 and 5 O'clock positions. If you see NO marring or flattening of the machine lines, it was probably always type I band. Look in front of the front sight for where the sight was slid off and back on. If you see scratches inline with the direction of the barrel, it might indicate the sight was off and on. Look at the back wall of the trigger housing for a .U. mark. .
    Your hammer spring is a 22 coil, which is correct. I'd like to see side pics of the flip sight. What does the staking look like around the flip sight on the receiver? I'll post more as I look at pics.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by M1C; 07-06-2013 at 07:34.

I'm struggling with the image posting.

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...w-to-post-pics

I too am still struggling with the picture posting but every now and then it works for me.......

more

9. Default

I offer 1400.00 USD with a 3 day non firing inspection.

WAG is $1200.00 to $1800.00 maybe more if someone really wants it bad.