Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

FedEx! I didn't know that they'd ship ammo. Will I need a license or any special permit to ship such a quantity of ammo or will they just take care of the whole thing and stick the proper labels on the boxes? Also, have you any guesstimate of what it might cost to ship it all 600 or so miles away? Thanks broom jockey. Fred

Both UPS and FedEx can ship live ammunition via Ground. But, the devil is in the details. In some locations, UPS is the best. In other locations, FedEx is the best. You need to go by their hubs and ask them directly. Don't be surprised if you get two completely different answers. Also, be prepared to go to a hub in another location if you get no satisfaction from your local guys. You can generally find another hub no more than 25 miles away and, at times, that 25 miles is like going to a different world.

JMHO

Thanks Ray!

If you have them package it and the rest it will cost you even more. You will have to break it down into separate boxes as there is weight limitations on how much a box weighs. You can call both of them and ask the heaviest the box can be. For 600 miles I would hazard a guess of about $30+ per 35 pounds.

Thanks Tuna!

You'll have to put stickers like this on the outside.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

I sure appreciate that bit of information Dan. A buddy of mine who owns a guns store has told me today that I can use clearly printed magic marker for the ORM-D within a rectangle box and then clearly print with a black pen the "CARTRIDGES, SMALL ARMS" above it. Think that I'll have to do that since I haven't any stickers. He said that I have to have the stickers on THREE sides of the box. Thanks again Dan! Fred
    Last edited by Fred; 07-01-2013 at 05:25.

Ray has a very valid point about using a shipping hub. Went to my local, very convenient FedEx store with a package of 20 cartridges, properly marked and boxed. You'd have thought I'd brought in a small nuclear device! "We can't handle that, it's DANGEROUS!" So drove about 20 miles to the nearest "hub". Guys there were competent, intelligent and had me out the door in minutes. As for their 'local neighborhood branches' - they said "Those people are idiots".
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

Yea, I ran into that problem at a local UPS store where I wanted to ship an original 176 year old flintlock Pennsylvania Long Rifle. They maintained that it was a dangerous firearm and refused to take it. So, I drove to the UPS Hub where they Still maintained that it was a firearm, but they at least received it there for shipping.
    Last edited by Fred; 07-02-2013 at 07:35.