Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Guess I'll have to wait to see your reasoning/backup/proof/rationale/etc. I have, I believe, the full run of RCOs during that period - and, believe it or not, I've actually read a lot of them - not much on small arms in some volumes - but sure don't recall seeing anything like that, whatsoever.

Did not say they were "altered", simply that as new parts were developed (lipped hammer 1880, grooved trigger 1883, etc.) they were installed on new production arms - yielding the "with the improvements of XXXX" statement. There would be a huge reason to have designated a new model in late 1878, given the width and profile changes but they didn't. Before I knew better, I always thought that the "1878" blocks delineated that change - the "Model 1878". Not!
    Last edited by Dick Hosmer; 09-10-2013 at 03:38.

2. Default

I set my sights on next summer but I think I'll have it out before Christmas. Somebody has been working on their second book for a decade.

What do you expect for something that took me two months start to finish?

The "before Christmas" is the printing delay. Writing it is at a month and a half. I'll be done in two weeks. Two months. Why rush it? Because I want it done. It'd be improved if I took longer but it's already 95% done. Random pictures of field gear and group photos are all that remains. The other books are going to take longer. A lot longer.
    Last edited by 5MadFarmers; 09-10-2013 at 05:17.

Wait until you get to be 76, have a semi-invalid wife (sincerely hope THAT never happens!) with whom you are running a struggling business, on a fixed income, and you may find your energy and enthusiasm levels somewhat dampened! It'll get done when it gets done, or, it won't.

4. Default

Dick, that wasn't meant to be rude. It was more of a "when will it be printed as I'm waiting" comment. I've been looking forward to it for a very long time. No, that's not a dig either - picture a kid wanting to open a Christmas present. Not a bad thing.

Whereas I'm going the McDonalds route. Push it out the door quick and then move onto the next order.

No offense taken - I am my own worst enemy by far.

Hope it is worth the wait - anyone who liked the first should like the second (which was SUPPOSED to be the only, until I got the wild hair about the rifles preceding the 1873, and Poyer said go for it) except that the subject matter will be more exotic.

WAY fewer people will be saying "hey, that's just like mine", or buying it as a purchasing guide. Book 2 will be more for the trapdoor nerd.

I've been waiting on both, plus Rick Boreckey's on M1 Garand & 1903 stocks, Wayne's M1 Garand IHC book, & Tuna's M1 Carbine book for some years................... wait'll you have 4 major chest surgeries for lung cancer in one year, with more scheduled............... & I still want to see & read all of them, when I don't know if even 1 of my 4 kids would even care to read any of em....... & I still thirst for the insights you guys give....................
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter