Default Khaki carbine sling

I recently purchased this C-tip sling for my son's 1943 carbine. For what I paid for it, I'm very pleased and I'm sure my son will be also. Although the seller didn't advertise it as a genuine WW2 USGI sling, the more I look at it the more I'm wondering if it isn't, in fact, the real deal. What do you folks think? It's 46.5" long and 1" wide.

"They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

2. Default

The end tabs are repro. style so I vote repro. If you run the repro's on a washer and let them hang to dry they loook more authentic. The tabs should be parkerized finish not blued and these are not deep enough on the sides.

Its definately a repop. The webbing is also wrong.

These repro khaki carbine slings have been around quite a long time. I've had one for more than 25 years. I think I bought it at the old Great Western show in Pomona CA. The blued C-Tips and slide are a dead giveaway.

Thanks for the assist in my continuing education, guys. I wasn't expecting an authentic sling and this will do nicely for my purposes, but if in the future I should consider buying the genuine article I'll be better informed.

Anyone have photos of the correct end tips and webbing from an authentic WW2 sling?
    "They've took the fun out of running the race. You never see a campfire anywhere. There's never any time for visiting." - Joe Redington Sr., 1997

I believe on Bill Ricca's webpage he has pics of correct ww2 slings.

Chuck

Is ther a value to one of these?
    I know where a Cacano Carbine is languishiing in a attic where the vet left it that has a carbine sling from 1944.
    I passed on it when I bought his G33/40 and Drilling.

The sling is probably worth more then the Carcano! *LOL*

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by IditarodJoe View Post
    Thanks for the assist in my continuing education, guys. I wasn't expecting an authentic sling and this will do nicely for my purposes, but if in the future I should consider buying the genuine article I'll be better informed.

Anyone have photos of the correct end tips and webbing from an authentic WW2 sling?

Here are a few I found in my spare drawer you can compare too.