Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Very nice pair. Sorry you have to wait 10 days to get them though.

I received a Longbranch this week, and plan to take pictures over the weekend. Still may pickup the FTR blondie I passed on for it.

Your post doesn't help.

Buy a large quantity of .303 or another rifle? What would you do...
    Last edited by Roadkingtrax; 06-21-2013 at 07:12.

Seems to me you've already waited 10 days from the time you made the purchase?
    2016 Chicago Cubs. MLB Champions!

**Never quite as old as the other old farts**

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    Very nice pair. Sorry you have to wait 10 days to get them though.

I received a Longbranch this week, and plan to take pictures over the weekend. Still may pickup the FTR blondie I passed on for it.

Your post doesn't help.

Buy a large quantity of .303 or another rifle? What would you do...

Sorry about making your choice tougher. Be glad you get to choose, unlike many people in other countries

Tough choice about the ammo or the gun...I guess I would come down on the side of the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by JB White View Post
    Seems to me you've already waited 10 days from the time you made the purchase?
    Unfortunately the 10 days doesn't start until I sign the papers at my FFL.
    a
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Calfed View Post
    Sorry about making your choice tougher. Be glad you get to choose, unlike many people in other countries

Tough choice about the ammo or the gun...I guess I would come down on the side of the gun.

Unfortunately the 10 days doesn't start until I sign the papers at my FFL.
    a
    I kind of agree, not many near brand new battle rifles available anymore...M1's , 1903's or Enfields!!!

5. Default

It really struck me how nice these rifles really are when I looked at the date stamp on the wrapping...June 1955.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Calfed View Post
    It really struck me how nice these rifles really are when I looked at the date stamp on the wrapping...June 1955.
    Calfed, you have a PM. Cheers, Don

Had two, but I gave one to my neice's husband. Since he is a Marine, and is in charge of rifle ranges in Hawaii, I am sure he knows how to use it.
    Last edited by John Sukey; 06-24-2013 at 12:30.

In 1988 Roses Department Stores had them for $139. In the wrap with bayonet. I bought 10. Have 2 left. One in wrap one cleaned up and we shoot it. Yes they are tack drivers. Favorite load is 120gr cast 32-20 bullet at 312dia with 10gr Unique. Can shoot them all day long at a 100meter range and really enjoy it. Congrats on a nice find.

9. Default

Roses must be quite the place. More than one person has mentioned unbelievably low prices for milsurp rifles back in the day. Some of the posters posted copies of their receipts to document the low prices.

When I was 12 in the early 70's my Dad and I walked into Roses. Then they sold handguns. Had a special going. S&W K-32's at closeout price of $149.95. My Dad bought one. We would shoot it a few times a year. Those are now bringing crazy money from $2000 to $3000. It's still in my safe. Early 80's they stopped selling handguns. When the MILSURP boom went off they were hit or miss. I was in the Army by then and would hit them when home on leave. Or Dad would call and tell me if something interesting was in and he would pick it up. I never went into a Roses where the counter person knew what they were doing. Kind of like Walmart today.. LOL...