Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Default New No4 MKII's...consecutive serial numbers

I just glommed a pair of No4 MKII's at an on-line auction...one still in the wrap, one out. They are supposed to be consecutive serial numbers.

"UF 55's"

Hope the wife doesn't find out...
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

2. Default I won't tell your wife if,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Calfed View Post
    I just glommed a pair of No4 MKII's at an on-line auction...one still in the wrap, one out. They are supposed to be consecutive serial numbers.

"UF 55's"

Hope the wife doesn't find out...
    ,,,,,,,,,if you tell me on or off line what you paid please? The lowest No.4 here is UF55 A14963, a C.A.I. import stamped. Maybe you got it's cousins? Well done Calfed! Cheers, Don

Last edited by drweiler; 06-12-2013 at 03:19.

3. Default

Thanks, Don

Those are some beautiful No4's you've got there.

I lucked in to the ones I got. They were sold as a single lot. I do not have the full serial numbers yet, but they were identified as having serial numbers in the UF 55-15--- range, and consecutive.

Does your No4 that is still in the wrap have any tags of labels like the picture of mine? If so, what do they say?

Thanks
    Last edited by Calfed; 06-12-2013 at 06:51.

4. Default

Thanks, Don

Those are some beautiful No4's you've got there.

I lucked in to the ones I got. They were sold as a single lot. I do not have the full serial numbers yet, but they were identified as having serial numbers in the UF 55-15--- range, and consecutive.

Does your No4 that is still in the wrap have any tags of labels like the picture of mine? If so, what do they say?

Thanks
    I'm away from my collection for the summer but the label certainly identified the model, serial number, and for some strange reason I recall the butt size. It's a 54 'PF' in what's referred to as the 'Irish contract'. I shoot the 'PF' in the middle and the 'UF' regularly in the Arizona winters, both a delight, you'll enjoy. That's an investment you have in the wrap, and it's mate to shoot!

5. Default

Do these come with the bayonet inside the wrap?
    Last edited by Calfed; 06-14-2013 at 08:02.

6. Default

Do these come with the bayonet inside the wrap?
    Interesting, mine came with new bayonet in separate wrap, and while bayo/scabbard s.n. matched, it didn't match rifle. It was suggested to me by another forum member that the dealer/retailer mixed them up. I bought mine back in the 70's or 80's for I think around $170,,,,, some memory huh? Another expert suggested they were never issued with matching bayonet/scabbard and perhaps those crude stampings were applied by the exporter/importer to mate with rifles??? Cheers, Don
    Last edited by drweiler; 06-15-2013 at 05:35.

7. Default

Thanks, Don.

The auction house shipped yesterday and expected delivery is this Thursday.

I can hardly wait

8. Default

My pair of Enfields arrived at my FFL today and it looks like everything is as advertised. Consecutive serial numbers, one in the wrap and one out and cleaned up, but not fired. Was able to snap a few pics at my FFL's before they went into the safe.

Better pics after the 10 day "cooling off" period.
    Last edited by Calfed; 09-09-2014 at 09:22.

9. Default

Outstanding Calfed. I see my memory didn't fail me (this time) and the butt size is on the label, yours being 'short'. Is there an 'S' stamped on the top of the butt of the unwrapped one as well?

10. Default

Thanks, Don

I'm not sure about the butt size on the unwrapped one...I forgot to look at it. There is a 10 day waiting period in California for gun purchases and the Enfields are now in my FFL's safe for the next 10 days. I'll check it when the rifles are "out of jail".