Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Had to take a vacation day today

Wife went on a business trip so I had to take a day to get the kids to school. Everyone was surprised how early they were.

Decided to try out some 4895 loads

This factory Hornady M1 Garand load (168 Amax) was my baseline

This was one of my better IMR 4895 loads

This was from an earlier trip shooting Varget and it is the load I will be going with

I miss my wife when she goes but the kids get a little extra education and I find things to keep myself busy.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 06-03-2013 at 05:37.

We all have to make sacrifices! Very pretty rifle!!!!!!!
    Freedom is not free, the cost can be seen everyday, for it is engraved in marble, cast in bronze and highlighted with little American flags!

You are to be commended for your willingness to sacrifice for others! I hope they show their appreciation on Father's Day!
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

4. Default

I was a single Dad, if I ever took my kids to school with guns in the car, they would have been begging to play hooky and I probably would have let them. We have pits at our club and I'm always looking for target pullers! That stock on your rifle looks like a pretty one, nice grain on the butt.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim in Salt Lake View Post
    I was a single Dad, if I ever took my kids to school with guns in the car, they would have been begging to play hooky and I probably would have let them. We have pits at our club and I'm always looking for target pullers! That stock on your rifle looks like a pretty one, nice grain on the butt.
    At 4 and 5 I dont think I could handle both of them and still concentrate on the range action.

The rifle is the middle of the 3. The grain is very nice.

Dads need a "Mental Health Day!"

Quote Originally Posted by budster View Post
    Dads need a "Mental Health Day!"
    That was a week ago in this post.

http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...tal-health-day

This coming Tuesday is a scheduled day off for the 600 yard range with this

My mental health is doing well.

8. Default

Ah another fan of the Sight Micrometer.
    Mine is hidden by the spotting scope. Its good to see someone else interested in recording cartridge data.

My results with HXP M2 Ball
    With a 50yd zero, I was able to keep a 6in vertical spread out to 200yds (with changes in hold). The 330yd line needed a change in elevation on the ladder.

Quote Originally Posted by LARscout View Post
    Ah another fan of the Sight Micrometer.
    Mine is hidden by the spotting scope. Its good to see someone else interested in recording cartridge data.
    1903 are a migraine of sorts without a Sight Mic and I just love my data book. I wish that PJ OHare in his infinite wisdom had come up with a mic of sorts for setting repeatable windage.

Is that a Pacific Canvas and Leather rifle sleeve I see. My, my perhaps our embryos were split at conception.

Good shooting, to you sir.
    Last edited by pmclaine; 06-04-2013 at 07:08.

10. Default

All of our children have been out of the house for a year now. (Love them , but freely admit loving not having them around!) This coming weekend my wife is off with her mother and sisters for a little girls weekend. My weekend plans will mirror your vacation day, as such, I'm happy to support my wifes activities!

I really need to get a micrometer.
    Last edited by PKelly; 06-04-2013 at 11:13.