Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default High standard 107

Got my old High Standard 107 out today and ran some rounds through it . Shooting across top of car on sand bag I was able to get a couple one inch groups at 28 yds . It has the 7inch fluted barrel and a 5 1/2" alumalite barrel with LSP scope base . The one inch groups where fired with the fluted barrel open sights and the alumnalite barrel had a tasco 1.5X 30mm tube on it . It shot some three shot groups that where under 1/2inch . Used Federal 900B ammo . It is great fun shooting this pistol in either configuration . Nice pistols , Kenneth
    Last edited by aintright; 06-02-2013 at 06:58.

2. Default

I have one of those, too. Has two barrels, the fluted barrel you have and a 5 1/2 steel bull barrel. I've never used the fluted barrel, don't think it's ever been on the gun. It's one of our favorite .22s, absolutely murder on tin cans. I agree, Kenneth, nice pistols, "they don't make 'em like that anymore."

3. Default

Yes sir , of all my handguns it is my favorite to shoot . You wouldn't have a good suggestion on where to find a cross draw holster for it would you . I like to carry it deer hunting and a cross draw makes it easy for the occasional set down . What do you carry yours in ? i think I am going to start shooting it more and get back with the open sights , a little more friendly for carry . In the past i have had several handguns scoped and they have all proven to be cumbersume to carry .Kenneth
    Last edited by aintright; 06-03-2013 at 07:05.

4. Default

I don't have a holster for it but I agree, one of those cross draw or cross draw shoulder holsters would be pretty nice for carrying. I don't think I've ever seen a holster made for this pistol but I'd think a soft, nylon, Uncle Mike's generic holster would work. I really don't carry mine, my Dad bought it when I was a kid and we were shooting bullseye competitions. We've only ever used it for targets and tin cans. Might have to reconsider the hunting aspect, going after bunnies could be a blast.

5. Default

"Going after bunnies would be a blast" yep , and tasty to boot,Kenneth

I've been collecting High Standard pistols for over 30 years, the 107's were the pinnacle of the High Standard military grip target .22's, after the 107 came the # series and fit and finish just wasn't the same. I have a Trophy and a Citation in the 107 series, the Trophy has the 7" fluted barrel and the Citation has the 5.5" bull barrel, both are excellent shooters.

7. Default

Jay, mine is a Trophy, it has both barrels. What was the difference between the Trophy and Citation?

Not a lot, the Citation had all of the desired target equipment of the Trophy, lacking only the flash of the gold plated trigger and safety; the Citation, just as the Trophy, was available with either the 7" fluted barrel or the 5.5" bull barrel. The Trophy is the rarer or the two, High Standard produced apx. 37K military grip Trophies (total production/all series) verses the Citation with the military grip at apx. 58K (total production/all series).

Default High Standard U guys are great!

I dug out my High Standard Sharpshooter-M. I has been a "safe queen" for a long time...shame on me. Prolly gonna ventilate a few tin cans today. Thanks, Geoff

10. Default

http://www.lonestarholsters.com/bhcustom

http://www.epsaddlery.com/

Have been talking to these people and they seem to have nice selection and willing to work with you on making what you want in your choice of style . Kenneth
    Last edited by aintright; 06-07-2013 at 07:29.