Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default For those of you who think .44 maq is for wimps

Wonder if it comes standard with the crash helmet?

...not to mention optional wheeled gun carriage!
    "We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."
    --C.S. Lewis

I've fired the S&W 500 and it's not that bad. I bought a S&W 460 mag because the bullet selection is much better than the .50 and I reload.

5. Default

Uh, I think I'll just stick with my Ruger Redhawk. Nice vids, thanks for posting.
    Last edited by Hefights; 05-11-2013 at 09:17.

Remote Utah desert west of Salt Lake City.

Marketed to the Slackjaws with more money than brains.
    I have YET to encounter anyone with a .454 Casull that could hit much with it. Minute of apple box was their group size. For most, the .44 Magnum is the upper limit of power with which they can wring decent groups.
    Probably half of the .44 Magnum owners I encounter can't keep their shots within a 6" circle at 25 yards, standing upright away from the bench, with a two-hand hold.
    They don't care so much about accuracy, they just like the muzzle blast and recoil: every shot, they turn back to their buddies with a stupid grin.
    Meh.
    I put more stock in marksmanship than power. After all, a hit with a .22 is better than a miss with a .44.
    "A vast desert. Galena in flight. Smoke. Brimstone. Holes in parchment. The ugly cat is much amused."
    -- The Quantrains of Gatodamus (1503-1566)

With lots of practice one can become pretty good. A fellow shooter could hit a 5" swinger target at 100 yds with his S&W model 29. I was impressed but he shot three times a week.

Handguns in general require lots of practice I try to shoot 50 rounds a week from one of my handguns and if I miss a week I can tell.

I have seen only one 454 Casull being fired. Had a scope on it and from the bench the owner was shooting cloverleafs with it at 100 yards. But did that gun jump with each shot.

One needs to become conditioned to heavy recoiling handguns. Upper end .45colt loads really are uncomfortable to shoot and if you don't shoot them frequently the skill rapidly deteriorates. I guess it deteriorates with any handgun, but with the big kickers I think it does so more rapidly.