Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1950 s&w m&p

Default 1950 s&w m&p

I picked this one up on Gunbroker last week. In very good shape with some freckling on the right side of the frame and hammer. Best looking K-frame in my S&W collection and my first 5-screw.

Great looking Smith! Good score.

Ed

John

Nice looking revolver. I've always had a little bit of a soft spot for old Model 10s. My first issue revolver was a 2" version of yours.

I have a RB Model 10 snub as well. K-frame Smith's are my passion when it comes to wheelguns.

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

My first handgun was a 5-screw Military & Police, kinda beat up and nothing special, really, but I've kicked my own a$$ for several decades for letting it get away from me. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

You have found yourself a very nice old Smith there, Mr. Rippert, and I would envy you had I not recently found it's virtual twin, slightly younger with the later sights but still a 5-screw. The K-frame is, absolutely, just right.
    Last edited by Andouille; 04-27-2013 at 08:20. Reason: amplification of remarques
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!

Very nice, Mine was made in 1972, with a round but, just like the one metro pd DC issued to me in 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by noslack 327 View Post
    Very nice, Mine was made in 1972, with a round but, just like the one metro pd DC issued to me in 1970.
    Dang, noslack, I interviewed with the D.C. Metro P.D. in the early Spring of 1972. After checking it out I didn't pursue the job. I remember one of the guys chauffeuring the potential recruits around was a lanky black guy in a Fedora. One of my L.S.U. track buddies arranged for me to stay with his parents in Northern Virginia. His daddy had been an aide to Lyndon Johnson when he was president and they'd stayed in Northern Virginia after L.B.J. left office. Fabulous people, just the salt of the earth. His mom's name was Avanell, how Texan is that!!
    Last edited by Art; 04-29-2013 at 06:16.

Texas native exiled to Oz for past indescretions to numerous to mention.

Quote Originally Posted by noslack 327 View Post
    just like the one metro pd DC issued to me in 1970.
    Very interesting. I'm sending you a private message; wonder if you knew a gentleman I went to grade and high school with who joined the D.C. Metropolitan Police in the mid-to-late 1970's.
    Last edited by Andouille; 04-29-2013 at 07:30. Reason: Slight clarification
    "There it is"
    LOAD AND BE READY!

Quote Originally Posted by Art View Post
    Dang, noslack, I interviewed with the D.C. Metro P.D. in the early Spring of 1972. After checking it out I didn't pursue the job. I remember one of the guys chauffeuring the potential recruits around was a lanky black guy in a Fedora. One of my L.S.U. track buddies arranged for me to stay with his parents in Northern Virginia. His daddy had been an aide to Lyndon Johnson when he was president and they'd stayed in Northern Virginia after L.B.J. left office. Fabulous people, just the salt of the earth. His mom's name was Avanell, how Texan is that!!
    Art, I graduated trom the PD academy on June 12, 1970, I was assigned to the 13th pct. I really did not like working in DC so I quit the department in October 1970, In 1976 I joined the Phoenix police department and I retired in 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Andouille View Post
    Very interesting. I'm sending you a private message; wonder if you knew a gentleman I went to grade and high school with who joined the D.C. Metropolitan Police in the mid-to-late 1970's.
    Sorry I did not know him, also DC had 5,000 officers in 1970.