Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Sling?

By the way, IMA (International Military Antiques) has leather MP-44 slings for $19.95. Plus there is a discount coupon of $2 off on any repro item, pretty good deal. I was trying to find a 98K sling but this should be what I need.

Also, there is an AMERICAN RIFLEMAN Mobile review of the gun and a comment by Jim Rempel. He says he cured the shooting low problem by disassembling the rear sight and adding three SAE #6 flat washers to the screw pylons. I have not tried this but it sounds better than filing down the front sight which was what I had planned.

The tangent comes off exactly like an AK. Push down on the front, pull out to the rear, lift out the spring, then remove the two Phillips head screws. Shim with three washers on the front and two or three in back. Fire for effect, then adjust.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 06-07-2013 at 04:16.

Default Pic and text from Griff

A little bit of silver Rub 'n Buff (sold at craft stores) was used to give a subtle "old gun" look. I believe this will wipe off with Hoppes or Goo Gone but I have not verified that yet. The Rub 'n Buff on the plastic magazine, which is textured, may not be so easy to remove. Squeeze out about 1/4 " of it and wipe it on slick cardboard with a latex or nitrile glove. Carefully rub on sharp line angles where wear might be found. If you can find it, Pewter Rub 'n Buff is a bit more subtle, and easy to use. -Griff
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by madsenshooter; 06-08-2013 at 04:47.

My local pawn shop/gun store got in one of these. Man it is a chunk!! You won't need a workout if you carry this critter around for a while. It looked very well done though. I did a doubletake when I first saw it. For the military enthusiast who has everything.

4. Default

+1 on the GSG 1911. It shoots all ammo and is good practice. Just a blast to shoot. Don't know why I do not shoot it daily. Kind of forget about it I guess.

From what I saw of the Stg-44 it was very well made and could see why many would like to have one. That is a very cool rifle. Not planning on one for myself, but would love to try one for grins. Cheers, John.

Great rifle to have for those if us that can't afford an original.

Accurate as heck too. Even wifey loves it

Walked into the local dealer yesterday. Had one for $599. My son loved it. Maybe for Christmas not sure. That's a lot of money for a 22. Extra mags were $59 each.

Ok. I found a shop in Va Beach, VA that is selling these new in wood box for $419.00 out the door. I drove there today. Got one. He has 3 left. I bought his last extra mag for $49. They are pumping these out just to make way for inventory. He will ship to an FFL. Call Shaun at 757 427 2627. Really nice guy. Also if you are looking for the new Remington 1911's they are pumping them out below cost.

Default If you need magazines...

Military Gun Supply in Fort Worth, Texas, has a large quantity of mags in stock, $49.95 ea.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 07-17-2013 at 08:26.

Just had my first stoppages at 600 plus rounds with the only care being wiping out everything I could get to from
    The ejection port. The bolt was as expected quite dirty and everything smoothed up immediately after cleanup. I think this is very good performance from a semiauto .22.
    Last edited by Griff Murphey; 08-20-2013 at 07:29.