Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

the U.S. model...is called and marked MODEL OF 1917
    no such weapon as a P17...though many call it that, i was poking fun...
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckindenver View Post
    the U.S. model...is called and marked MODEL OF 1917
    no such weapon as a P17...though many call it that, i was poking fun...
    So was I.

I am so glad to be set straight now i feel a lot smarter just wait till i get my 30-07 gun then you can pick on me for that

4. Default

I'm sure glad I saw this Post.

My questions have NOTHING to do with a scope mount for the M-17.

**IF I'M IN ERROR BY POSTING THESE QUESTION HERE.....I'LL GLADLY MOVE THEM TO A NEW POST/THREAD** I saw all the "chatter" on this Post and it pretty much goes with what I'm asking about. Please let me know. Thanks!!!

I was "schooled" by a WWII Vet who got out of the Philippines before it was invaded by the Japanese. He carried an M-17 while he was there. When he returned to the States.....he went from Depot to Depot during the WAR and made sure the Fighting Men had the Rifles to do Battle with.

He told me the difference between a British P-14 and an American M-17.

Now the following is what seems to be a different-story than what he told me:

He told me that any USA-manufactured MODEL 17 Eddystone, Winchester, and Remington did NOT have any Eagle-marked parts.

He said those markings/stamps were use pretty much exclusive for the P-14's. The Eagle-Stamp was a British PROOF-mark, exclusively for the P-14’s.

Now he did see a few M-17's that had Eagle-Stamped Parts....but....those parts were removed and replaced with Non-Eagle Stamped Parts at the various Depots he was at.

I what he told me correct??? I don't have any literature on the M-17. I was going on what he told me and unfortunately he passed away back in 2011. My Web-Search hasn’t produced much either. I’m sure the info is on there….I just can’t seem to find it…………

I got 2 bag-o-parts 10 years ago with a mixture of parts. I had more Eddystone and Winchester parts so I ventured on getting those parts to make-up-a-rifle.

Parts are hard to find, especially W-marked. I found some parts but a few of them have the Eagle-Stamp.

I don’t want to commit to buying these parts IF the Eagle-Stamp isn’t correct.

Also……..ALL…..the E-Marked parts I've gotten in the past 10 years did NOT have the Eagle-Stamp.

I’d greatly appreciate some guidance from those who are waaaaaaaaaaaay more knowledgeable that I.

Thanks in advance!!

Take care…………Jay

eagles head and numbers are U.S. markings.

6. Default

Thanks for the info!!

Does that mean all the parts that are NOT marked...are not US made and most likely from a P-14?

pick up a C.S. Ferris book on the 1917...that will answer all your questions.

8. Default

Thanks.........