Thread: Red Dawn remake

Default Red Dawn remake

I watched the new “Red Dawn” last night on DVD. It was never on general release here and went straight to DVD and that is never a good sign. IMHO It was ****e. The original I found amusing and entertaining but no classic. The remake could have been much better but fails miserably.
    The Chinese invade the USA and for some reason have more than enough troops to drop on a small town of no apparent strategic value. The Gung Hoe locals form a resistance group around a grid iron team (sorry but I can’t call it football) and fight back.
    After making the film it was decided for marketing reasons only that the Chinese invaders would become North Korean invaders and digital and audio changes were made.
    This was still an unlikely but interesting concept for entertainment but the director and script writers failed big time. My advice. Don’t go see it on the big screen. Don’t rent or buy it on DVD. Wait till it comes on TV but keep the remote in your hand.
    Barry
    Is it not better to place a question mark upon a problem while seeking an answer than to put the label `God` there and consider the matter closed? Joseph Lewis

Thanks

3. Default

The original's a better movie, and that's saying something. The new effort's complete tripe/
    Last edited by PKelly; 04-10-2013 at 03:16.

The original had a great deal of validity. Look at operations in Afghanistan. The Soviets did allot of recon, checkpoints and random searches in rural areas trying to mop up the resistance. Same thing in Red Dawn. The "wolverines" were facing these units, not a massive spearhead. Supposedly they had overrun the more populated areas already in the movie. Without nukes, our military could not handle a war of attrition with the Soviets over a long period of time.....atleast according to the Soviets and most realistic assessments. What the Soviets could never handle and their math always showed this was a war of attrition against rednecks.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

NYC, New Jersey, Connecticut, and California would surrender without a shot. Well, maybe not Dan Shapiro...

North Korea? ROTFLMAO! I could possibly understand the russians, but just HOW would the norks get here????

Well the NK are thearting to zNuke some smaller town in TX.
    The original Red Dawn had Cuban troops as the bad guys, maybe Russian advisors, don't remember. 'Go to the local gun shop and collect the 4473 forms'!

Depends on what you call "small." Austin is the Capitol of Texas, 825,000 in the city and over a million in the county. That was the city he threatened specifically. Probably the most liberal city in Texas, its most visible motto is "keep Austin weird."

Quote Originally Posted by Griff Murphey View Post
    Depends on what you call "small." Austin is the Capitol of Texas, 825,000 in the city and over a million in the county. That was the city he threatened specifically. Probably the most liberal city in Texas, its most visible motto is "keep Austin weird."
    If Austin was a border town we'd probably redistrict it to another state....LOL
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.