Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Are There Any Ten Round Mags For Carbines

New York just changed their seven round magazine limit to a ten round limit as these idiots, didn't know they do not make seven round ones. In their continued idiocy they now identify M1 Carbines as assault rifles which by April 2014 must be registered with NY State, for them to identfy who owns them so the state can do whatever they want with them. My question is, does anyone make a ten round mag. for a M1 Carbine. I think by next year there will be quite a few law abiding folk who will have illegal firearms at home, rather than have them registered like handguns and or confiscated.

Yes there are 10 round magazines being made. I do not know alot about them but I think there are several companies making them. Do an on line search for them.

My understanding of NY's idiotic law is that you can use a 10 round magazine, but cross-your-heart-hope-to-die, you can only put 7 rounds in it.

To the elite intellectuals of NY, somehow that makes sense.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

I guess you could epoxy a block in one so it can't hold more than seven or ten rounds, depending which day of the week you want to shoot and it which state.

Thompson/Auto Ordnance has ten rounders for sale...

http://www.auto-ordnance.com/Long-Gu...e-Magazine.asp

I thought they just amended the NY law from 7 to 10 round magazines. Seems they did not realize no one makes 7 round magazines for the most popular semi autos.

7. Default

They are all over ebay but they are really 15 and 30 round mags some are real 10 rounders but you need to read the ad carefully

There are 5, 10 rnd M-1 carbine mags out there. in steel. But sadly out of stock at most major gun supplies sites. You may find them up on Acution sites for outrageous amts.

RHB

9. Default

Thanks so very much for the information on ten round magazines. The help and information on this site is always great.

If your Carbine has a type 1 or 2 barrel band, it is exempt from the SAFE Act and need NO registration.. If it wears a type 3 w/bayo lug, it is an assault rifle and must be registered. Put a type 1 or 2 on there and you're good to go, as you just removed the one "evil feature" and there is language in the law that specifically says you can legally do such a modification. The Garand is a different story and alot of us are sweating that...At least in Feinstein's bill, she specifically names the Garand & Carbine as being C&R weapons and hence exempt...No such luck with King Cuomo...