Default What did Chinese and N Koreans use in the Korean War?

Dumb question, I know. But, I am well versed in the equipment moved by US forces during most wars, and our enemies in several. But, I pretty much draw a blank in Korea. What was the basic rifle issued to the communist infantryman? Guessing Mosin-Nagant?

Thanks,
    daveboy

2. Default

Mosin-Nagant, PPSh M1941 and pretty much what ever Stalin gave them.

And a bunch of German WW2 captured weapons too.

I knew somewhat of the weapons used but just for grins and giggles I googled " List of Korean War Weapons " Including captured weapons, they used over 20 different rifles, Japanese, Chinese, German , Russian, You name it, they used it.

5. Default

The Red Chinese also used a lot of U.S. stuff ('03A3s, Thompsons, M1911s, etc) that they captured from the Nationalists during the civil war.

Or maybe "received" is a better word than "captured" since some Nationalist units simply switched sides and brought all their weapons with them.

Maury

Chicom weapons, especially after you got past the front line regular troops and into the reserves, truly defined the term "logistical nightmare."

7. Default

My dad brought back a Type 99 Arisaka in February, 1952 ( USMC B/1/5 ) Korea, with trophy paperwork from his CO. Ground mum and missing a part of the bolt. The rifle is the most used rifle I have ever seen. It has a USMC belt for a sling, that was obviously a Chinese or NK trophy before my dad picked it up from someone who no longer needed it. He also acquired a chrome plated .45 from a Chinese officer who also no longer needed it. It was confiscated before he debarked to Japan. I still have the Chinese holster and chrome plated magazine to the pistol.

Saw a Korean War bring-back that was a Japanese Type 38 carbine that had been converted to 8mm Mauser. It was in terrible shape, but it's the only example I've ever seen. Mike