Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To answer your question, I would start with Springfield Sporters. Sportsman's Guide has had SMLE wood. Get a copy of Shotgun News. Try Gun Parts Corp.

Gorilla Glue's chief claim to fame is that it is highly waterproof. If you decide to use it follow the label directions precisely and APPLY SPARINGLY!!.. When setting the glue foams up and tends to push the joint open. Also work your clamping strategy out in advance.
    A moreforgiving product like the widely available Titebond or Elmers should be satisfactory for most gun work and a lot easier to use.

One final note if using GG wear disposable rubber gloves. Any glue left on your fingers has to wear off ( 2 to 3 weeks) - nasty brown stains.

3. Default

Unfortunately, no one store has everything you need. You can wait around and pay 250 to 300 dollars for a complete stock set without the metal parts from Ebay. Or, you can start picking up piece by piece from different stores. I have recently restored a No1Mk3 and found a good deal of my metal parts and wood at Sarco. At sarco I found front hand guards and and rear hand guards for 1/4 the price they were on ebay.. they look new. They also had about 2/3 of the metal parts I needed and a really nice Butstock for 19.00. It also looks new. I found a walnut forestock at numerich for 59.00 It is new.(cheapest I could find) Numerich is out of complete stock sets they had for 89.00. Last I used Libertytreecollectors.com. , for some metal parts noone else had ie the nose cap with front and rear screws.. the nosecap nut, i got from sarco. Lots of people have the nose cap. Some have the front screw and nut, but none have the rear screw.

Everyone else seemed to be pretty much out of stock on everything I needed. I just got the last piece in I needed today and will start refinishing the wood to my likeing and cleaning and spot bluing all the parts that need some.. My 1918 No1Mk3* was sporterized and so I had a lot to replace. The rifle was given to me and ended up kinda being a money pit.. But, in the end I'll have a very nice rifle for 1/3 the cost of an already completed rifle. The enfields just have a lot of parts to the stock and metal pieces. I hope this helps someone.. It took me a month or so to figure this out on my own. Maq

Try contacting Dave Sandlin "The Enfield Man" at dsandlin@argontech.net

Parts are getting really scarce but he can probably hook you up for a fair price.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.