Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Give the girls new life! You can't undo what has been done but you can make the best of it and at a reduced cost.

2. Default

The scoped '09 Argentine arrived at my FFL today and I got a chance to look at it before it went into his safe for the 10 day "cooling off" period.

In great condition, very nice bolt turn down and stock cut out for the bolt handle, Bore is sharp and shiny, bluing is excellent. Everything matches down to the cleaning rod.

I hate to say it, but it looks like someone took an "unissued" 09 Argentine and drilled and tapped it.

Better pics when it gets out of jail.
    ...a fool and his money were lucky to get together in the first place...

I don't know what would possess a man to do that to a practically mint military rifle. There are plenty of butchered rifles around if you have an urge to scope one and take it to the range. The workmanship on these old mausers in absolutely incredible. From a time when highly skilled hands could be had for extremely low wages. A comparable rifle produced today would set you back over $2000 per unit.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter5 View Post
    I put the same scope on a Sako Quad. They must have cleaned those rifles immediately after shooting or didn't shoot them much to have such nice bores.
    I honestly believe that this is one of those unissued Persian Mausers that Samco sold a few years back...it is that nice.

The Argentine Mauser is in about the same condition.

I used the Persian at another match last Saturday...the vintage silhouette match...and scored the highest score out of the 54 shooters (well 44 shooters with 10 shooters shooting 2 rifles). There were 13 shooters in the "open class" (vintage rifles with scopes), including Swiss K31's, Swedish Mausers and 03's and 03A3's, all scoped. The Ayatollah whipped all comers with a score of 38/40
    Last edited by Calfed; 04-22-2013 at 06:52.

Shooter5 Guest

As should be expected; those Czechs know how to build rifles!!
    Of course, well trained and practiced with decent ammo to boot also helps!
    Take it out to 500 and print it on paper, I am curious to see how well it can group.

Here is a Persian Mauser in Mess-O-potamia: shown in their more common configuration = beat.
    Last edited by Shooter5; 04-24-2013 at 06:47.

6. Default

Last weekend I used the Persian again and scored 38/40...which was the top score. In addition to the "as issued" rifles, I was shooting in the "open class", which included Swedish M96's, Swiss K31's and 03A4's...all scoped.

Shooter5 Guest

Haha! For the competition, that surely must sting!

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter5 View Post
    Haha! For the competition, that surely must sting!
    Yes, especially for the Swedish Mauser shooters. They can be insufferable about the accuracy of their rifles. Swedish Mausers are accurate...but so are the Persians.

I picked up the Argentine and a few others yesterday from my FFL (that damned 10 day "cooling off" period). I'll post additional pictures of it.

9. Default

I picked up my new Argentine drilled an tapped rifle the other day from my FFL. It is in outstanding condition...both wood and metal and the bore is also outstanding.
    Last edited by Calfed; 09-09-2014 at 09:16.

Shooter5 Guest

That is outstanding, looks brand new!