Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. Default

As an old IPSC shooter who has never seen (or even heard of) a problem with the original design on the range, firing and watching many hundred's of rounds being fired, I'd say it's a long way from a "Fatal Flaw". Just don't push on the pin end, folks! If that is too complicated for you, buy a bobbed pin.

Techniques do change in unpredictable ways - that is not a design flaw.

The Glock does have a fatal flaw that guarantees none will be in working order 100 years from now, unlike the 1911, which has made it's Centennial already. (I own a 1915 Argentine that is getting close....) The tiny little "L" leaf spring that Glock uses to hold the slide lock up and keeps the slide on will eventually fail, and the slide will come off the gun. And good luck making and correctly tempering a replacement at home...... CC
    Last edited by Col. Colt; 03-25-2013 at 10:54.
    Colt, Glock and Remington factory trained LE Armorer
    LE Trained Firearms Instructor

Shooter5 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Guamsst View Post
    Shooter 5, the answer would be that it is a necessary and great improvement to overcome a seriously dangerous condition.

The truth would be. There is a very slight chance their could be a problem but we can talk it up if we make a very minor modification.
    Yes sir, agreed. FWIW; M1911A2 prototype, IIRC the slide pin is standard but the frame has an expanded dimension near/at the pin hole.
    Last edited by Shooter5; 03-25-2013 at 06:03.

3. Default

The expanded frame width serves to mitigate stress cracks when the pistol is subject to torque when a light or laser is mounted on the rail. I understand you can "surf" on the wave created by a light or laser mounted on the rail of a Glock 21
    /Ken Hill

"Reason is not automatic. Those that deny it cannot be conquered by it!" Ayn Rand

Well, apparently you are all fools. I was informed buy a guy on facebook that Glock is THE GUN and the ONLY GUN anyone should have and the 1911 is an antique shelf gun not suitable for self defense.......ROFL. I don't know what burned the guy up more, my comments about how wrong he was or the 5-6 likes i got for every comment compared to his zero.

Not trashing the Glock, but there is no perfect gun for everyone. For example, my mom loves the Makarov and is really accurate with it......but can barely reach the trigger. She tried the CZ-52 and fell in love because it has a larger frame, less recoil, more power and a very short reach on the trigger. Many people with large hands would find the opposite true.
    I own firearms not to fight against my government, but to ensure I will not have to.

Shooter5 Guest

Earlier on, many Iraq military had various Tariqs, Hi-Power (both local mfg's) and assorted Soviet type guns. Didn't see much praise for the fewer Maks, and less respect for the CZ52s...which was puzzling. Not realizing yet that anything associated with the 'old way' was no longer cool, they wanted anything and everything new and associated with the US Mil.
    Even though it was pointed out numerous times the AK is just fine for their needs, purposes, climate and level of care they tend to give weapons...and the fact that the CZ52s could shoot thru a car - most didn't want to hear and have anything to do with the old weapons.

I wonder if that guy ever looked at U tube accounts of Glock "failures" and blowups?? That brand would be the last pistol I would consider.

Shooter5 Guest

It has been interesting to see how the discussion shifted to cover issues related to Glocks, however, numerous law enforcement and military units worldwide appear content and confident in the model to issue various models of the Glock- including in the USA (such as the FBI among many others including DOD).

https://www.fpds.gov/dbsight/fpdspor...F%20DEFENSE%22
    Last edited by Shooter5; 03-27-2013 at 06:58.

8. Default

Have a friend that is retired Border Patrol. He said it gave him great confidence that their sniper rifle's first criteria was that it was the cheapest the department could buy, a Mossberg.

Glocks are to my knowledge, the only firearm ever made , who's mftr, because they have discovered a fatal flaw in it's design ( have yet to recall & replace an ill designed barrel & chamber) guarantee it to explode when fired with good quality ammo, loaded to original factory specs..........with the result being to ruin beyond repair the pistol & causing great injury & or death to the person firing it & to those people being near it when it exploded...............but other than this minor flaw.........Glock & their supporters say it's good to go........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

After three combat tours in Viet Nam,and having to resort to JMBs tool of genius too many times ,the only fatal flaw I noticed with the democratic automatic was being the recipient of all that FMJ love. The much respected Seals[and rightly so] say of the 9mm, "two the heart one to the head,we'll take them alive but we like them dead". I never had to throw that third shot to the head to get the evil forces of NVM to cease and desist their bad behavior. Nick