Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thank You ebeeby. I don't have a 455 round , but when I insert a 45 round, it swallows the bullet. Both barrels retain about the same original bluing and wear patterns. There is no rust on either barrel and the rifleing is strong and shiney. I'm going to sell the 455 and keep the other barrel as a spare for my two tone Colt. Thanks Again to All for the info. Bob.

good advice on dumping the frame..........possession of any firearm that has had it's serial # removed or defaced or the manufacturer's name removed or defaced are both SERIOUS federal felonies to even possess........ in Missouri, they are state felonies too & daam serious ones....... if caught with one, you could lose your entire collection & maybe your house & vehicles under federal forfeiture laws....... think how pleased the wife will be when that happens as well as having your bank accts & credit cards frozen/seized.............because of one daam silly mistake..........Heck just hiring an extremely competent defense attorney will break you financially.............& you will need one too..........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

The slide at least bears a British military proof mark of crossed pennants, located above the rampant horse. I can't see any other military markings, only London commercial proof marks.

Regards

AlanD
    Sydney

Serial number removed and another one added in it's place? Who is to say the new number wasn't assigned to the frame by ATF.

5. Default

Without documentation, it is just a pistol with an altered serial number.

I want to thank everyone again, and assure all that the Slide, Barrel, and all the moving parts that one would find in a 1911 or 1911A1, LESS the bare frame are now on Gun Broker. The frame has joined the untold number of other fine and wonderful weapons at the bottom of unknown depths. Bob.