Thread: Krag Data Sheet

Default Krag Data Sheet

New member here. Would anyone here know of, or have a data sheet for the Krag rifle like I've seen for the 1903 Springfield?

Not knowing exactly what you have in mind cannot, for certain, say yes or no, though I do not know of anything that would seem to fit your description, and I have studied Krags since 1970.

3. Default

Could it be you're talking about a cheat sheet usually taped to the buttstock for a quick reference on bullet drop and deflection in clicks?

Last edited by LARscout; 03-05-2013 at 08:13.

If so, Bob S posted a chart that was for a few of the sights below. Hmm, I just looked for it and it's no longer there, but I stole a copy. There are differences in some of the 1898 and 1902 sights one should be aware of though. Bob explains them here: http://www.jouster.com/forums/showth...nd-1902-sights
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I have sworn upon the Altar of God, eternity hostility upon all forms of tyranny over the minds of man." - Thomas Jefferson

5. Default

I am wondering if he is refering to fact data sheet form you fill out describing the model, stock, markings and various parts of a particular gun. I know they are available for the Springfield 03, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1917 Enfield and some others. Have not seen one for the Krag.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by 1lifeuseit View Post
    New member here. Would anyone here know of, or have a data sheet for the Krag rifle like I've seen for the 1903 Springfield?
    I think that the OP was wondering about data sheets to record the configuration of your rifle. Similar ones are avalible for:
    Garands on the GCA web site
    M1 Carbine on the Carbine Clubs Web site
    K98 - cant remember where i picked up this format
    and for Model 1903 avalible at http://www.nicolausassociates.com/PD...taSheetV15.pdf
    And like Dick said i have never seen one either and have not had time to sit with the books and try to formulate one

That looks like a good start on the 1903, though I'll bet, to a purist/03 expert (which I am not) it may be over-simplified. One possible fault I see is that too much is left to free-form/remarks, the maximum possible number of variations should be covered by simple check-offs. For tabulation and graphing, you want bean-counter responses, not something from a aspiring novelist.

Blog Entries

In answer to your request for info regarding a "Krag Data Sheet". You should take a look at the "Soldiers target record" that is up for auction on ebay. The item is #121080253902. It might be what you are looking for. It still has four days to run. Good luck.
    Regards, S.O.H. 1898

I think he is wanting a data sheet such as the Garand. You list the parts s/n and other data. I have not seen one but maybe someone here has made one to record the parts on each rifle they have.
    "Three people can keep a secret as long as two of them are dead" Mark Twain

I think you are correct on what he is asking. I have them for carbine and M1 and used them, have seen them for the K98k but do not use them. Very easy to make one up. I did for a FN 1930 which was made for the Lithuanian military, a rather rare rifle. Everyone wanted to know how it was marked, various parts etc. I just put down Serial Numb; Upper bad marks; Stock type; and other such info and filed it out. The same could be done for a krag altho various parts are not marked you would have to know the variations of parts and when they were changed. Such detail I have little knowledge of. 5mad would be just the guy or even you Dick!