Thread: Kahr 1911A1?

Default Kahr 1911A1?

Today while at my local gunshop, I saw a Kahr Arms 1911 A1 and looked at it. It looked ok but I'm not a real 1911 expert. I did a search here but didn't find anything so far. Has anyone here tried one, or have any good info. on them?

Thanks for any help,

Danny

Don't know about their 1911A1 models............... but their quality control on their Thompson semi-auto models was chit poor............. from every1 that I talked to that bought one..... & customer service was non existant too......... hope it's changed........... but figuring it hasn't...........
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

3. Default

The old Numrich-owned Auto Ordnance did indeed turn out some pretty sad 1911s, in fact the one I bought back in 1990 was about the worst example of machining and fitting I'd ever seen on a pistol. Since Kahr Arms took over things have steadily been getting better, to where they're now actually pretty decent guns for the price. I still don't think they're nearly as good as a Colt or Springfield, however you're not paying as much either. For a range blaster or base for a custom project they're probably fine. Just be sure to get one of the latest ones with the rounded Colt-style front strap. Up until recently most had a very squarish, blocky front strap that made them feel like a 2x4 in the hand.

I wasn't speaking of the AO/Numrich produced firearms,....... they had/have a better rep than any Kahr that I know of...........might look at a Rock Island, one of the new Ithaca's or Remingtons.Les Baer makes daam good ones, Kimbers are a lil pricy & built almost too tight for carry guns, Sigs are decent as are Colts & Brownings...........
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

Don't know for sure, but since Kahr now owns Thompson A/O arms, I bet they are simply having their name roll marked . They are simply trying to get on the 1911 craze.

They bought outthe Thompson AO line of firearms company......... quality control is very spotty at best & from what the poor folks that bought one say, their customer service is amongst the worst in the industry.......too bad, so sad.. it ain't our fault........
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter