1. Default 1st Model Allin Conversion

Since you see so few of these, I would like opinions on what I would describe as a very nice example--with one question mark. Rifle appears to have all proper parts and markings with an excellent stock with deep sharp cartouche. Bore is excellent and breech block has 90% black finish. The owner describes the bright finish showing light cleaning. How much does "light" cleaning affect the collectors interest and value. And lastly--are these really nice Allin conversions really commanding prices in the $4000-$5000 range. Thanks guys. Sorry I don't have pictures. Maybe I will have fewer questions after Dick's book arrives next week.

Hey Weasel can you help him out?
    Democrat: A person too stupid to know they're a communist.

If you heard my shot, I wasn't aiming at you.

I would think that "light cleaning" is in the eye of the beholder. I've seen "light cleaning" that looked like someone took a rotary sanding disk to the barrel. On another occasion, "light cleaning" meant that it sat in the back of a closet for 50+ years and the owner wiped it down by pulling it through the hanging clothes before handing it to me.

Pics are a must. Can't point out a price, haven't seen one for sale in quite some time. Note: I've also never seen one that did not have broken parts.
    "No man's life, liberty, or property is safe, while Congress is in session." Mark Twain

To most serious collectors light cleaning or any kind of cleaning is a no no when it comes to these type of arms. When you say light cleaning are you talking about mirror bright or dull bright? It makes a difference and how about the stock? I would say that 4 G's would be high in my book but I think that most antique guns now days are over priced. For that kind of money you can find some really nice Civil War Rifles.

I am assuming that you don't intend to try shooting it. I once had one, and it was .58 RIMFIRE

To me, light cleaning is what you can get off with 000 steel or bronze wool and solvent for the metal, and some lemon oil + elbow grease on turkish toweling for the wood.

Anything much more than that and you are on the slippery slope, where you need to know what you are doing.