Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default What is the most you have seen .22 LR

Sell for. I am talking about HV or SV.

Saw in a local gun shop in Southern Cal @ 10.00 for 50 rounds last weekend.....and 20.00 for a 100 round box...glad I got plenty.

Jim

Lapua Xact, $26 per 50 rounds when it first came out. Nothing to do with the shortage, its actually down to $22 and change now. :P

EDIT: Oops, the only guy who actually has it is charging over $26 right now. :O
    Last edited by Hip's Ax; 02-23-2013 at 12:05.

Last week at Gander Mtn, Ocala, Fl. they were completely out of all .22.
    Last edited by Devil Dog; 02-24-2013 at 10:23.

Just paid $100 a brick. Oh wait , that was for Eley Team. :^)

Back in the 60-70's whenever a big box had a sale or I went to a gun show and it was 10 a brick or less, I bought one or two. That was a good price back then! Couple years ago son and I split a case of Rem. hi-speed from CMP. I have about 13,000+ rnds now. Should last awhile, but then I do collect older 22 rifles and shoot allot of 22. (range in back yard) Not so much the big bore stuff anymore, arthritis is too bad. Do have allot of CMP Danish 06 and much pistol stuff. I also reload, so these prices are not a bother to me.
    I go to allot of gunshows, don't see that hi-priced stuff selling much!
    Last edited by dave; 02-24-2013 at 11:02.

I don't know if it was selling but at the Louisville show this weekend they were trying to sell the CMP Rem ammo for $60 brick.

Saw it for $119.99 for 500 rds, last w end in Charlotte.
    Freedom is not free, the cost can be seen everyday, for it is engraved in marble, cast in bronze and highlighted with little American flags!

Went into a neighborhood gun shop in Ft. Worth. The Owner had plenty of CCI standard velocity and a variety of HV ammo but no Stingers. Quite a bit of the hodge podge of HV appeared to be old stocks. Everything was $4.95 per 50. Purchasers were limited to two boxes of ammo. I bought my two boxes of CCI std. vel. and walked out $11 lighter!

There was match ammo but I really did not price it.

40 boxes X 375rds CCI MiniMags fetched $4,725 on Gun Broker. Over $.31 per round. I can shoot .223 cheaper.

Ed