Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VUL TEE

the gun and story are likely B.S.
    its a National Ord , thats been ground, and hand stamped, all the metal is freshly painted with spray paint.
    no stripper clip guide and cavity behind the recoil lug give it away.
    i could build one just like it, in a day. with some of my shop grade stamps. some cheap paint and a shot out 1942 SA barrel.
    ticking time bomb with a line of BS to go with it.
    the only thing with any kind of real value or use...is the N.S. bolt..
    Last edited by chuckindenver; 02-18-2013 at 07:50.
    if it aint broke...fix it till it finally is.

2. Default

The whole story is a little odd. Vultee made high quality aircraft. So all of a sudden they make a piece of junk firearm? With junk parts with an odd serial number? Virtually unknown for 50 years? But I am to believe a dog? Pass on this one.

If Chuck is correct ( I believe he is) removing the Nat'l Ordinance mark/name & their serial # makes & changing them to the present name, even possessing this rifle a serious FEDERAL felony.........and also a state felony here in Missouri.........who needs a serious legal headache with an admitedly poorly made/junk receiver..........that ain't even safe to shoot?
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

As far as I am aware, Nat. Ord was the only one that made 1903A3 cast receivers. In addition to Chuck pointing out some of the dead give aways, there is another common feature to them, that being the circular depression on the ledge behind the cut-off switch.

Kurt
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

At best it's a wall hanger and maybe a legal land mine. I wouldn't touch it myself.

only illegal if you get caught right?

School Drill rifle, made up of surplus parts. ( my opinion ) The NS bolt is interesting, wonder if the FP hole is welded up. Did y'all see the pounding the buttplate has taken on hard surfaces before re-finishing ???

I'll second Chuck's statement...... Fresh spray paint; and fresh glue on the handguard to boot.
    Last edited by Emri; 02-19-2013 at 05:58. Reason: more opinion.....

8. Default

No school drill rifle, beat up Butt Plate on nice wood?? Say what? This is a fraud, simply put. I pity the fool that buys that clunker.

Considering the Vul-Tee stamping, there would have to be some connection vs someone with a bunch of parts laying around throwing something together. Perhaps a former principle at Nat Ord was buddies with some former like person at VulTee and either played a cruel joke on the guy or even lost a game of golf and had to pay up.
    As the late Turner Kirkland was fond of saying, "If you want good oats, you have to pay the price. If you'll take oats that have already been through the horse, those come cheaper."

i belive this rifle was put together well after Nat Ord went belly up...likely in the last few months
    likely someone had a Nat Ord that they couldnt sell, and made the story up to BS a fool and his money...Jack the dog likely has no clue about its real history, and like most gunstores, is just selling it as it was sold or consigned to him, he,s sort of covered his own butt with the rifle isnt ment to be fired line...but whats to keep the new owner from doing so? tic tic tic tic tic....i hear it...