Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

The table next to me at the last SMGCA show in Knoxville had a civilian Model 11 receiver with a PROPERTY US NAVY riot barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Douglass View Post
    The table next to me at the last SMGCA show in Knoxville had a civilian Model 11 receiver with a PROPERTY US NAVY riot barrel.
    Doug, was it in the proper serial # range? numbers match?
    be safe, enjoy life, journey well
    da gimp
    OFC, Mo. Chapter

3. Default

Has anybody seen a US Navy marked shotgun without the US and bomb? If so would that be a procurement piece, and not under contract? TIA

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by trenchcrazy View Post
    Has anybody seen a US Navy marked shotgun without the US and bomb? If so would that be a procurement piece, and not under contract? TIA
    There were over 2300 Navy contract guns that were marked only with "Property US Navy" on the receiver and top of the barrel. They had no other martial markings. If that is the Navy mark you are referring to, they are not procurement guns. They are contact guns that all fall in a narrow serial number range.

5. Default

Tom, that's good information, Thank you. I did not know of this block of guns. Is there a book I can reference on the subject? I have Mr. Canfields book but Can't find anything, maybe just missing it! Is the shotgun in question in the range 469,xxx? TIA

Funny...I have one of these Remington 11's with the "Property of US NAVY" stamped on top of the barrel and side of receiver. It's been well used but still fires reliably. Will post pictures and SN after I get home. It also has the Cutts.
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by da gimp View Post
    Doug, was it in the proper serial # range? numbers match?
    Number range, don't know, match, yes, beat up, yes, worth buying, no, or I would have.

Here's some pictures of my US Navy marked Model 11, SN 46193x. Barrel and receiver numbers match, it does look like it been around more than a block or two. Sorry, the full length came out a bit fuzzy.

Jim