1. Default Crazy prices on everything....but REALOADING MANUALS?????

I've been using an old Speer No. 12 and I was thinking of getting the latest No. 14 and I came across this:

I also noticed that auction prices are pushing $100 for this edition.

Panic buying at it's worst.

I bought one of those today at wally world for 29 and some change
    I DDUW BO'R DIOLCH

Quote Originally Posted by paulo57509 View Post
    I've been using an old Speer No. 12 and I was thinking of getting the latest No. 14 and I came across this:

I also noticed that auction prices are pushing $100 for this edition.

Panic buying at it's worst.
    It's not panic, it's called capitalism and free market thinking, but one can get stung if not savoy to the prices. You can get loading information free online and simply copy it, and don't throw that old #12 out, in fact never sell your reloading books, that would be sacreligious! If you know of any reloaders that are elderly, talk to them and ask what kind of library they have on reloading and see if they will part with any books. Most will, as they wish the sport to continue and like to know their equipment is going to go to good use!

I won't say which companies have online primers/powder and such, but you still can find deals and prices are not out of line on the companies I deal with. Normally, people who don't shoot put prices on goods they know nothing about and try to screw the one's that do know!
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"

4. Default

Heck, I`ll take $400.00 for my Speer #9

5. Default

Heres the free download from Speer.
    http://www.speer-bullets.com/product...l/default.aspx

Just bought a Speer # 11 manual I needed for some load data $30.00. I thought a little high but where are you goning to get one?

Quote Originally Posted by joem View Post
    Just bought a Speer # 11 manual I needed for some load data $30.00. I thought a little high but where are you goning to get one?
    I was going through my library cabinet and counted 29 reloading manuals. My oldest was written by Phil Sharpe and the copyright at this printing is 1948. I don't know why I have two of them, but one is pristine and the other is quite used but still in good shape.
    Used book stores sometimes have reloading manuals, estate sales, garage sales, and flea markets are all good sources for manuals. Stay away from the smelly ones, look for mold and water marks.
    I have a buddy who buys every reloading manual he finds, he has got many duplicates, but continues to buy from the above sources.
    Online sales and auctions will cost you, unless it's brand new, I won't use the net for manuals, they are just too expensive.
    Matt
    "When you tax away the rewards of effort, you destroy the motivation to achieve"